Why We Love It
- Restored Victorian Gothic mansion with ultra-modern décor and amenities
- Evening wine reception, breakfast and Wi-Fi included
- Located in a quiet residential neighborhood adjacent to the French Quarter
- The perfume of Miss Kitty, the resident ghost, can be smelled in her old room
"An exquisite 1884 Victorian mansion, Melrose stands out even among its stately neighbors" -- Lonely Planet
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The Melrose Mansion deceives guests with a grand Victorian façade encasing a modern interior. The historic skeleton is maintained with cathedral ceilings, carved moldings and large French windows, but the stark white walls are decorated with bold abstract art and pops of neon. Consisting of the original 1884 mansion and carriage house, the property has fourteen guest rooms, a wine cellar, heated pool and 24-hour fitness center.
Accommodations are furnished with mahogany four-poster beds, antique dressers, gauzy lace curtains and marble baths. Complementing the traditional décor are contemporary amenities like free Wi-Fi and iHome alarm clocks; some rooms also have Jacuzzi tubs and wrought iron balconies.
Mornings at Melrose Mansion begin with the aroma of fresh coffee and a complimentary continental breakfast that can be enjoyed poolside, on the porch or in the comfort of private guest rooms. Each evening, guests are treated to a white-gloved service wine hour paired with hors d’ouevres in the formal drawing room.
In residential Faubourg Marigny on Esplanade Avenue adjacent to the French Quarter, the bed-and-breakfast is within walking distance of the famed neighborhood’s restaurants, shopping and entertainment.
- "An elegant mélange of renovated Victorian Gothic mansion and modern bed-and-breakfast" -- Oyster.com
- "Attentive service means little extras like fresh flowers in every room and wine in the evenings" -- Gayot
- "This renovated Victorian mansion turns on the grandeur with antique furnishings, hardwood floors, cathedral ceilings, and large chandeliers" -- Fodor’s
- Outdoor pool
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: USD 150 per stay
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.