The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe
Why We Love It
- This uber-luxe resort has elegant rooms, a huge spa and ski-in/ski-out access to the slopes
- Big rooms come with a marble bathroom, soaker tub, gas fireplace and a balcony with views of the mountains or the pool
- Three heated pools and three Jacuzzis are open year round
- Fun kid-friendly activities include nightly s'mores around the fire pit and indoor camping packages
"Castle-like luxury" -- Frommer's
Rooms & Rates
The Ritz-Carlton in Lake Tahoe is arguably the swankiest resort in the area, home to a massive, upscale spa, three acclaimed restaurants, heated pools and Jacuzzis open year round, and enough outdoor activities and hiking trails to satisfy the most seasoned adventure seeker.
Rooms are a good size for families, and elegantly styled, with marble bathrooms, deep soaker tubs, gas fireplaces and balconies with views of the mountains or the big pool area. Modern technologies include iPod docking stations and sleek TVs. Nothing here is free however, with fees for Wi-Fi, mandatory valet parking and a resort fee, some guests might begin to accurately feel a bit nickel and dimed.
Despite the seemingly endless fees, this hotel is really the best of the best when it comes to ski vacations: ski-in/ski-out access and gondola transportation to Northstar-at-Tahoe, nightly s'mores around the fire pit, indoor camping and activity programs for kids, and even the quintessential ski lodge experience of taking in gorgeous mountain views from the comfort of a heated outdoor Jacuzzi.
- "This castle-like luxury hotel features ski-in/ski-out access, heated outdoor swimming pools, and a dazzling 17,000-square-foot spa with wood-and-water themed treatments" -- Frommer's
- "The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe is the only five-pearl resort in North Lake Tahoe" -- Oyster.com
- Newspaper / magazines
- Games room
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour room service
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 30 for adults and USD 19 for children (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 40.00 per night
- Pet deposit: USD 25 per day
- Pet fee: USD 150 per accommodation, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 50.0 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 38.00 per accommodation, per night
- Pool access
- Spa access
- Fitness center access
- Children's club/arcade access
- Shuttle service
- Ski storage
- Internet access
- In-room coffee
- Concierge/valet service
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.