$271.53 – Hawaii: Luxe Waikiki Waterfront Hotel
Stay at this stylish celebrity favorite, which has two of the best waterfront pools in Waikiki and is less than a 10-minute walk from the beach. This deal saves 55% on regular rates.
- What's included:
- $271.53 per night ... most dates through February
- Stay in a Standard City Scape or City View room for up to four guests
- Daily breakfast for two ($100.64 value)
- Partial and full Ocean View rooms also discounted
- This is a timeshare resort; Travelzoo members may be asked to attend a timeshare presentation, however attendance is not required
- These rates are refundable; cancel 72 hours prior to arrival to avoid penalties
- The hotel charges a resort/facility fee of $34.49 inclusive of tax per night; the fee covers Wi-Fi, spa and fitness room access, seasonal activities and pool access
- Valet parking is $73.08 per night
- Pet-friendly for stays through Dec. 31, 2018; additional fees apply
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
What you need to know:
Travelzoo Tip: Spend a day at the spa with this 40%-off massage or facial package at LATHER Spa.
"#2 of 83 Honolulu hotels" -- TripAdvisor
Why We Love It
- Luxe 4.5-star celeb favorite that exudes cool without being pretentious
- Oceanview pools unrivaled by any other in Honolulu
- Every night, a wall of books in the lobby rotates to reveal a hidden bar, where local musicians jam into the evening and trendsetters sip creative cocktails
Ranked among Honolulu's top hotels (TripAdvisor), the Modern is a 4.5-star urban oasis at the gateway to Waikiki Beach. Home to two of the most luxurious oceanview pools on Oahu -- each with its own bar overlooking the marina and the Pacific -- the hotel exudes an effortless cool without pretense. Stretch out on a chaise or daybed at the chic Sunrise Pool or take a dip in the tranquil wading pool surrounded by 100 tons of sand at the adults-only, rooftop Sunset Pool.
There are no traditional, island-inspired room furnishings to be found at the Modern Honolulu. Decor is sleek and white, accented with bold pops of color. Many rooms have stunning marina and ocean views -- some with terraces -- which makes it hard to leave. You can't miss the lobby's massive art installation -- constructed from over 100 broken surfboards signed by their riders -- created by pro surfer Herbie Fletcher.
This hip celebrity favorite has been the filming site for several TV shows, including "The Real Housewives," "Hawaii 5-0" and "Vanderpump Rules." At 6 p.m. every night, a wall of books in the lobby rotates to reveal the Study, a "secret" bar where local musicians play live tunes and signature cocktail specials abound. Guests can also enjoy the Friday fireworks poolside at the Grove or hit up Addiction, a sleek nightclub where DJs spin into the wee hours Thursdays-Saturdays. Stop by on-site Ravish, the hotel's new farm-to-table restaurant featuring coastal cuisine, for delicious nibbles.
The hotel is dog-friendly, so feel free to bring Fido along (fees apply; see "Policies" for details).
- "Gen Xers will immediately feel at home in this edgy hotel with an eye to slick design" -- Fodor's
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Fitness classes
- Gym / fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Roof terrace
- Nightlife / entertainment
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Internet access
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
Valet Parking is $35 per night plus tax. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible pool area
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Additional guests and children 17 and under stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding.
Extra beds available on request and in the City Scape King, City View King, Partial Ocean View King, Studio Suite, Marina View Suite and Ocean Front Suites only: $75 + tax per night.
Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Pets: Only service animals allowed.
A resort/facility fee of $34.49 inclusive of tax, per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out. The resort fee includes:
The resort fee includes:
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
A credit card and photo identification are required upon check-in. A temporary authorization for incidental charges will apply to the credit card.
A Valet Parking Fee of $35.00 (subject to tax), per day applies, includes in and out privileges, and will be added to your bill at the hotel. This rate is subject to change without notice and at the discretion of the property.
$271.53 / night
When You Can Go
Most dates through February
Getting ThereThe Modern Honolulu is a 20 to 30-minute drive from Honolulu International Airport.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.