Waterfront Plaza Hotel
Why We Love It
- In Oakland’s quirky Jack London Square, a district of regenerated warehouses and yachts
- The ferry terminal is right next door, launching boats across the bay to the SF Ferry Building
- A rich nautical theme pervades the hotel, honoring the maritime roots of the neighborhood
- Lungomare “is a beautiful restaurant in a prime bayside location” (SF Chronicle)
"Thoroughly modern" -- Fodor's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
A giant anchor tattooed on the front of the building alerts visitors for what they’re in for at this nautical-themed hotel on an estuary of the San Francisco Bay. Steamer trunks, starfish and compass roses bedeck the lobby and halls of this hotel. Rooms are papered over with oar patterns and vintage oceanliner prints, lit by hurricane lanterns, and have sliding doors that open to patios.
Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the property, and during the week the hotel hosts a complimentary afternoon wine and cheese hour. On the weekends, the neighborhood hosts a farmers market and craft market.
A historic waterfront neighborhood originally used for shipping, Jack London Square has regenerated with boutiques, restaurants and cinemas filling its repurposed old warehouses and sparkling new buildings. Flashy yachts flock around the marina, and a complimentary shuttle serves downtown Oakland.
The hotel is right next door to the Oakland Ferry Terminal. Here, sea-farers can catch boats that ply across the bay to Angel Island, the San Francisco Ferry Building and AT&T Park. Voyages take about half an hour.
- "This thoroughly modern, pleasantly appointed Joie de Vivre property sits among the appealing restaurants (including the hotel's own) of Jack London Square" -- Fodor's
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
Complimentary shuttle within a 4 mile radius.
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Bike rental
- Complimentary shuttle service
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Internet access (fees apply)
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Off-street parking
- Off-street parking (fees apply)
- Parking (fees apply)
- Public car park (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Cot/crib available on request free of charge for children up to the age of 3 in the King bedded rooms. Extra bed available on request free of charge for children and adults in the King bedded rooms.
Pets: Small dogs (maximum 2 dogs up to 30 pounds) are allowed on request, free of charge.
A Valet Parking Fee of $32 per night, plus tax applies and will be added to your bill at the hotel.
This fee is subject to change at the discretion of the hotel.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.