Why We Love It
- Quebec City’s oldest hotel dating back to 1870
- Live jazz performances on Fridays and Saturdays in the hotel bar
- Rooms have free Wi-Fi and view of Old Quebec or the hotel’s courtyard
- Walking distance to St. Lawrence River, La Citadelle and Castle Frontenac
"If location is your primary requirement, Hôtel Clarendon should be your destination" --Travel + Leisure
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Holding the distinction of Quebec City’s oldest operating hotel, Hotel Clarendon has welcomed guests to the heart of the city since 1870. The upscale art deco-style hotel is less than 15 minutes by foot from Quartier Petit-Champlain, La Citadelle de Quebec and Castle Frontenac. Additional attractions within walking distance include the St. Lawrence River, boutique shops and fine dining.
Rooms have high ceilings, antique furniture and contemporary comforts like free Wi-Fi and Keurig coffee makers. Large windows framed with elaborate drapes face the hotel’s courtyard or look out over Old Quebec. Upgrading to a Superior Room adds a living room and work station.
Embracing local history, the on-site restaurant displays photographs of Quebec City from the 1920s between sparkling chandeliers, tufted leather furnishing and carved wood walls. Serving cuisine made from locally-sourced ingredients, Le Clarendon also hosts live jazz performances on Friday and Saturday evenings.
- “Centrally located and good value” – Insight Guides
- "Refurbished in art deco and art nouveau styles, most notably in the public areas" -- Fodor's
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Valet service (fees apply)
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between CAD 12 and CAD 20 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: CAD 28.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: CAD 20 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: CAD 100 per stay
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.