State Plaza Hotel
Why We Love It
- All-suite hotel with spacious, apartment-like accomodations
- Well-reviewed restaurant conveniently located onsite
- Situated in Foggy Bottom, on the edge of the George Washington University campus
- Within a 15-minute walk of the White House, the Lincoln Memorial and the Kennedy Center
"Spacious and stylish accommodations" -- USA Today
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Situated along a tree-lined street on the edge of the George Washington University campus, the State Plaza Hotel sits conveniently across the street from the State Department and just three blocks from the Foggy Bottom Metro Station.
Formerly an apartment building built in the 1950s to house State Department employees, this all-suite hotel now serves as an ideal base to explore the historic sights. The monuments on the National Mall, the White House and the Kennedy Center are all within a 15-minute stroll of the property.
All of the hotel's spacious suites are stylish and come with a sitting area or living room. Most are also equipped with a kitchen, making this property a great choice for families and extended stay travelers.
A well-reviewed restaurant also sits conveniently onsite, serving up traditional American fare with a charming outdoor terrace open seasonally.
- "Spacious and stylish accommodations" -- USA Today
- "No Washington hotel gets you quicker access to the State Department, which sits across the street" -- Fodor's
- Newspaper / magazines
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 20 and USD 20 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 46.00 per night (in/out privileges)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.