$341 & up – Switzerland: 2-night Lake Maggiore stay, save up to 37%
Save up to 37% at the The Hotel La Palma au Lac in Locarno, surrounded by the Ticino mountains, on the shores of Lake Maggiore. Two-night stays now start from $341 and include:
- Two nights' accommodation in a Comfort Double Room Mountain View, for two
- Welcome drink, daily breakfast and Wi-Fi
- Access to the spa facilities and hot tubs
- Use of public transport
- 10% discount in the restaurant and spa
- If you stay five-nights or more you get a 3-course dinner (once per person, per stay)
- Superior Double Room Lake View are an extra $69 per room
Why We Love It
- The hotel is on the waterfront of Lake Maggiore
- Locarno, a pretty Renaissance Old Town, is 15 minutes' walk away
- The new spa has a sauna, a steam bath and a sun terrace with whirlpools and lake views
- Superior rooms have a balcony and waterfront views
The Hotel La Palma Au Lac is surrounded by the Ticino mountains, on the shores of Lake Maggiore. It is 15 minutes' walk from Locarno, which has cobblestone-strees and is dotted with lemon trees and palm trees. In the city centre is the Piazza Grande, well-known for its annual film festival.
On the edge of the Old Town is Castello Visconteo, a castle dating back to the 12th century. Above Locarno is the church of Madonna del Sasso, which has views over the town, lake and mountains.
The hotel has undergone a £4 million refurbishment. You can relax in the new spa which has a sauna, a steam bath and a sun terrace with whirlpools and lake views.
Superior rooms have a balcony and waterfront views. The hotel’s restaurant with lake view terrace serves Ticino and Italian specialties.
- "With its palm trees and much-hyped 2300 hours of sunshine a year, visitors have swooned over Locarno’s near-Mediterranean setting since the late 19th century" -- Lonely Planet
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Bathtub or shower
- Off-street parking (fees apply)
- Parking (fees apply)
- Public car park (fees apply)
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 3pm. Extra guest charges will apply as follows: 70 CHF per night per child aged 13 and above as well as adults, 30 CHF per night for children aged 6 to 12. Infant's cot/crib are available, free of charge, for children aged 5 and under. This includes breakfast.
Extra beds must be requested upon booking. Please use the Special Request field on the checkout page to request an extra bed/cot and confirm the age of the extra guest(s).
Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel. See room descriptions and rate policies for information about room occupancy and prices.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows: 70 CHF per night per child aged 13 and above as well as adults, 30 CHF per night for children aged 6 to 12. Infant's cot/crib are available, free of charge, for children aged 5 and under. This includes breakfast.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request: CHF 30 per stay.
City tax not included in the total price: 6.10 CHF per person, per night, payable at the hotel.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Car parking is subject to availability and charged at 14 CHF per night, per car for an off street parking lot and 24 CHF per night, per car for a garage.
The Hotel will charge your card in CHF based on the exchange rate of the transaction date.
Up to 37% off
$170 / night
When You Can Go
12 Aug-6 Jan, 2019; +$46 Fri-Sat
Getting ThereLocarno is located about 200 kilometers south of Zurich and can be reached via the A2 motorway. Arriving by train, it’s just a 5-minutes’ walk from the train station Locarno to the hotel.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.