Why We Love It
- This classically decorated hotel is located in three adjacent 19th-century buildings
- Steps from the Halifax Seaport Farmers Market and Alexander Keith’s Brewery
- Stories Restaurant serves high-end fare in an intimate dining room
- Guests enjoy free Wi-Fi and continental breakfast
“Well-appointed, well-run and elegant” -- Frommer's
Rooms & Rates
Nestled snugly between Victorian row houses of downtown Halifax, the boutique Halliburton hotel is steps away from the waterfront and Alexander Keith’s Brewery. Explore the Halifax Seaport Farmers Market on weekends, a six-minute walk from the hotel. The shops on Spring Garden Road are a five-minute stroll, while Barrington Street’s restaurants are steps away.
Relax by the fire in the library, enjoy fair-trade coffee in the lobby or dine at Stories Restaurant, featuring local seafood in the intimate dining room or in the private garden courtyard. Continental breakfast is complimentary and served every morning.
Because the inn is an amalgamation of three 19th-century homes, rooms are varied in size and shape; some have four-poster beds and fireplaces. There is no elevator, but guests enjoy the free Wi-Fi and classic decor.
- “Public areas have their own appeal, with a fire-lit library and garden courtyard beckoning in winter and summer respectively” -- Fodor’s
- "Pure, soothing class without all that Victorian hullabaloo can be found at this exceedingly comfortable and well-serviced historic hotel right in downtown" -- Lonely Planet
- Roof terrace
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Complimentary parking
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.