$268 – 2-night Lake District stay w/meals & cream tea
Escape to the Lake District with this deal from Damson Dene Hotel near Lake Windermere. Now $268 -- up to 38% less than usual -- it includes:
- Two nights' accommodation in a Double Room, with full English breakfast, for two
- Cream tea on arrival (worth $13 per person)
- A 3-course set-menu dinner on the first night only (worth $40 per person)
- For $174, you can stay overnight from Sunday-Thursday and get breakfast, cream tea and dinner
- You will be upgraded to a Superior Room (subject to availability upon arrival). Alternatively, you can pay an extra $27 per night to guarantee a Superior Room
Why We Love It
- Damson Dene Hotel is 10-minute drive from the shores of Windermere, which is described as "the queen of Lake District lakes" by Lonely Planet
- The hotel has a swimming pool, a Jacuzzi, a sauna and a mini gym
- The property is in the Lyth Valley, a 10-minute drive from Bowness-on-Windermere, home to The World of Beatrix Potter
- Whitbarrow National Nature Reserve and Orrest Head are both within 20 minutes' drive
Damson Dene Hotel is in the Lyth Valley, a 10-minute drive from the shores of Windermere -- the largest lake in England -- which is surrounded by fells and villages.
The property is a 10-minute drive from the town of Bowness, where you'll be able to board a cruise over to Lakeside (or vice versa). The town is also home to The World of Beatrix Potter. Now a National Trust property, the author bought this with the royalties from her books.
Whitbarrow Nature Reserve, which is known for its limestone and woodland landscape, is around 15 minutes' drive away, and the town of Kendal, best known for its mint cake, is a 20-minute drive.
There are plenty of fell-walking routes close by, including Orrest Head, which is around 20 minutes' drive. This hill on the eastern shore of Windermere offers views the length of the lake and is featured in Alfred Wainwright's The Outlying Fells of Lakeland -- it was the first Lake District fell the author climbed.
The property sits within landscaped gardens with a pond. There's a log fire and comfy lounges in the lobby, so guests can unwind while reading the newspapers and magazines on offer.
The hotel's Heron View Restaurant serves dishes made with local produce -- many of the ingredients are grown in the hotel's kitchen garden. The property also has a swimming pool, a Jacuzzi, a sauna and a mini gym. Wi-Fi is free throughout and dogs are welcome.
Click here to see our list of 101 Things to do in the Lake District.
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- No elevator / lift
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible restaurant
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 2pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests: There is no extra bed available.
Dogs are allowed on request and will be charged at £10 per night.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
up to 38% off
$134 / night
When You Can Go
Until 2 Aug
Getting ThereThe hotel is around 15 minutes' drive from Junction 36 of the M6. Windermere railway station is also a 15-minute drive away. Parking at the hotel is free.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(68 Member Ratings)