Fairmont Royal York Hotel
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Hotel
- A hallmark of the Toronto skyline -- this historic downtown building sits amid skyscrapers and tourist attractions
- Steps away from concert and sporting venues, as well as the CN Tower and Ripley's Aquarium
- Easy access to both of the city's airports, and directly connected to the subway system
- Unique commitment to the environment, with honeybee colonies on the roof -- offering ultra-local honey in the on-site restaurants
In the days of rail travel, the Royal York Hotel was one of the first sights visitors to Toronto would see coming out of Union Station. With virtually the best downtown location possible for both business and fun, this hotel is steps from many iconic attractions and office towers in the financial district: a 10-minute walk will bring guests to the CN Tower, Ripley's Aquarium, the Air Canada Centre, the Rogers Centre and the Sony Centre.
The hotel has an impressive multistory lobby with gilded trimmings. Past guests praise the consistently attentive staff, from the front desk to the valet to the concierge. Relax like an aristocrat of days past with a cocktail in the lobby-level Library Bar. Or, for a combination of dining and entertainment, visit Toronto's only Benihana location on-site.
All rooms are styled to echo the hotel's elegant public spaces. Although many familiar attractions are within walking distance, the lobby is connected by an indoor path to the city's subway system.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Currency exchange
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Internet access
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 4pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 19.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 18 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request, free of charge, for children 2 and under.
Extra bed available upon request, free of charge, for children 3 to 8.
Extra bedding not available for older children and adults.
Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at C$50 plus tax per pet per stay. Both dogs and cats are accepted but may not be left unattended in the room (maximum one pet per room).
Maximum weight of 25 pounds.
Both dogs and cats are accepted but may not be left unattended in the room (maximum one pet per room).
Valet service fee: C$59 plus tax per day. The Urban Experience Fee (listed as Facility Fee) includes:
Valet service fee for oversized vehicle: C$74 plus tax per day.
A resort/facility fee of C$30 plus tax, per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out.
• Premium high speed internet in rooms and public spaces
• Local and North American long distance telephone calls
• $25 daily hotel food and beverage credit to be used after 11:00 am
• 10% off Dry Cleaning
• 15% off Ripley's Aquarium tickets to be booked at the Concierge Desk
• Self-guided hotel history tour available at the Concierge Desk
Valet parking includes in & out privileges.
The Urban Experience Fee (listed as Facility Fee) includes:
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(131 Member Ratings)