The Algonquin Hotel Times Square, Autograph Collection
Why We Love It
- Oldest operating hotel in New York City and a literary landmark -- it was the meeting place of NYC's literary elite in the 1920's
- Rated AAA 4 Diamond, the hotel has a very stylish interior
- Rooms are on the small side but clean and charming, Wi-Fi is free
- Just three blocks to Times Square and Broadway theaters
"A throwback to an earlier era" -- New York Magazine
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Check out a slice of New York City history when checking into the AAA 4 Diamond Algonquin Hotel, right around the corner from Fifth Avenue in Midtown Manhattan. It's the birthplace of The Algonquin Round Table, the celebrated Prohibition-era literary group (Dorothy Parker was one of the original members). Reserve a table in the namesake room, still one of the most sought-after dining destinations in town.
Originally opened in 1902, the Algonquin is the oldest operating hotel in New York City. But the atmosphere here is far from stuffy -- the property is a member of Marriott’s elite Autograph Collection.
Rooms are still on the smallish side but exude big-city style with posh décor and old black-and-white Manhattan photographs. All come with free Wi-Fi, plush terry robes and a pillow-topped bed. A free issue of The New Yorker is a nice take-home memento (the magazine started on site by the Round Table gang).
The hotel is two blocks from the New York Public Library while the lights of Times Square and Broadway theaters are a five-minute walk west. Rub elbows with New York’s artistic elite at the 1930s-era Blue Bar, revamped with a cast stone bar and built-in sapphire lighting. Be prepared to spend some green; beers start at $9 and martinis stretch to $10,000 – "frosted" by a single diamond from the in-house jeweler. There is also a small gym on site.
Keep an eye out for Matilda, the hotel’s famous resident cat who greets guests at the door. She receives weekly mail from friends around the world.
- "The Algonquin has been a long time haunt of literary souls. Recently refurbished, it has nurtured its Edwardian roots while providing today's movers and shakers with a business and fitness center" – Condé Nast Traveler
- Newspaper / magazines
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 24 and USD 26 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 0 per day (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 55 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 28.69 per accommodation, per night
- Additional inclusions
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.