Sheen Falls Lodge
Why We Love It
- Family-friendly resort is one of the World’s Top 500 in 2013, according to Travel + Leisure
- Set on a beautiful 300-acre estate, with views of Kenmare Bay and Sheen Falls
- Sample home-smoked salmon from the estate at the award-winning restaurant
- Plenty of on-site activities, including falconry, fishing & clay pigeon shooting
"The perfect Irish country-house atmosphere" -- Frommer's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Named one of the World’s Top 500 Resorts by Travel + Leisure, Sheen Falls Lodge is set on the site of the Marquis of Landsdowne's 17th-century fishing lodge. Rebuilt as a hotel in the 1990s, the property came under new management in early 2013 and a 1-million-Euro renovation has updated the spa and public areas.
It’s the setting that really makes this place special. The grounds of the 300-acre estate are alive with wild deer, and salmon leap up from the falls in season. It’s also close to two prime walking routes: the Kerry Way and the Beara Way.
Back at the resort -- clay pigeon shooting, salmon fishing (March-September) and falconry are all available plus there are tennis courts and the wider estate to explore (the hotel’s bicycles are free to borrow). There’s also an excellent indoor pool and an updated spa and health center, offering free Zumba and yoga classes. The hotel is very family friendly, catering to kids with DVDs and games.
The 2-AA-Rosette restaurant’s "intelligently composed" cuisine (The AA Guide) showcases local fare, including Skeaghanore duck from Cork and smoked salmon from the estate’s falls (the hotel has its own smokehouse). In addition, there are two casual options for relaxed bistro dining. It is also home to one of Ireland’s largest public wine cellars with 10,000-plus bottles from 18 different countries (you can request a tour with the sommelier).
Rooms are spacious, and large windows make the most of the views -- some overlook Sheen Falls, others Kenmare Bay. Expect traditional country-house interiors, or request an upgraded room for woven bedspreads and a Nespresso coffee machine. Suites are good for families -- they are almost twice as large as standard rooms and have a separate sitting room with a foldout sofa bed.
- "The Marquis of Landsdowne's former summer residence still feels like an aristocrats' playground" -- Lonely Planet
- "It comes at a price, but this is the perfect Irish country-house atmosphere: elegant and yet relaxed" -- Frommer's
- "La Cascade restaurant has views of the falls too -- floodlit after dark -- although the attention is likely to be diverted to the enticements on the menu" -- The AA Hotel Guide
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary parking
Standard Time is 2pm. Minimum age required to check in: 16.
Minimum age required to check in: 16.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests: Extra bed for children up to age 12 available on request in larger room categories: 55€ per night. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: The hotel is closed in January.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.