Why We Love It
- Understated boutique hotel designed by Terence Conran
- Quiet location within walking distance of St. Stephen’s Cathedral
- Sample upscale Austro-Italian cuisine at popular Collio, recommended by Lonely Planet
- Rooms come with iMacs for TVs and free Wi-Fi
"Even the doorknobs feel good to the touch" -- Fodor's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
OverviewThe finely crafted Das Triest is British interior designer Terence Conran’s luxe city retreat, hidden just down the street from the busy Karlsplatz and the University of Technology campus. The location is a little quiet, outside of the Ringstrasse, but Vienna isn’t very big so most sights are still within walking distance -- St. Stephen’s Cathedral is 20 minutes away and the State Opera House is 10 minutes -- and there are two U-Bahn stations five minutes away.
In the days of horse-drawn carriages, the building was a staging post en route to the Italian port city of Trieste, and many of its original features remain, including the rustic vaulted ceiling in the old stables. Today, the hotel has a subdued nautical theme, with porthole-like windows in the bedrooms, and bannisters that mimic the handrails on cruise liners.
Otherwise, the rooms are very hip-minimalist, with iMacs for TVs that make browsing the Internet easy, with free Wi-Fi provided. Sleek wood paneling and carpeted floors add a touch of luxury, and kettles with a selection of teas are available (on request). Choose a room on one of the higher floors or at the rear, as noisy trams operate along the main road to the front.
Don’t miss Collio, the hotel’s Austro-Italian restaurant, where even the cutlery was chosen by Conran himself. The Venetian-influenced menu changes seasonally and, as Lonely Planet says, "the food lives up to the top-class design".
Outside, there is a Mediterranean garden terrace, planted with olive trees and fragrant rosemary (open year-round, 8 am-11 pm; closed Sundays). It’s very popular and booking in advance is recommended. There’s also a glamorous bar with secluded leather booths (open evenings only) and a fitness center and sauna.
- "A 1990s-era Sir Terence Conran-designed hideaway at the edge of baroque Karlsplatz, Das Triest is emblematic of the city’s no-frills, economic approach to environmentalism"-- Travel + Leisure
- "Blue carpeting and honey-hued woods radiate elegance and comfort, and even the doorknobs feel good to the touch" -- Fodor's
- "Like the best of Vienna’s eating establishments, Collio changes its menu regularly and by season... It has a Venetian focus but wades across a broad and interesting culinary lagoon" -- Lonely Planet
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Central heating
- Mini bar
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Complimentary valet service
- Public car park (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Children up to 12 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Cot/crib available on request, free of charge for children under 2. Extra bed available on request, starting in the Deluxe Rooms and above: free of charge for children up to the age of 12 and 65€ per night for older children and adults. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request and only in rooms, free of charge.
A city tax of 3.2% per room, per stay is included in the total price.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: There is a four-night minimum stay required during New Years Eve.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.