Why We Love This Hotel
- Named Guernsey's Leading Hotel 2015 in the World Travel Awards
- Boutique 15th-century former farmhouse in the Guernsey countryside
- Its on-site AA-Rosette-Awarded restaurant also has a Visit Britain Breakfast Award
- All guest rooms have a complimentary decanter of port & homemade biscuits
- Has a seasonal heated outdoor pool, a sun terrace & free Wi-Fi
The Farmhouse Hotel is a boutique hotel set in extensive grounds on the island of Guernsey. This 15th-century former farmhouse, which has been owned by the same family for three generations, was named Guernsey's Leading Hotel 2015 in the World Travel Awards.
The 4-star property is a 10-minute drive from the island's capital, St Peter's Port. The pretty cove of Petit Bôt Bay with its golden-sand beaches is less than two miles away, as is The Little Chapel -- a miniature version of the famous basilica at Lourdes, France, that is decorated with seashells, pebbles and colourful pieces of broken china. Spectacular cliff walks along Guernsey’s coastal paths are also nearby.
The AA-Rosette-Awarded restaurant, in the oldest part of the building, serves British and European cuisine using locally sourced organic and Fairtrade products and fresh Guernsey seafood wherever possible. It also holds a Visit Britain Breakfast Award. The Farmhouse Hotel's facilities include a seasonal outdoor swimming pool (which is heated but only open June-October), a sun terrace and free Wi-Fi throughout.
All 14 individually designed bedrooms and suites have air conditioning, a HD television with Sky channels, a complimentary decanter of port, homemade shortbread biscuits or freshly baked cookies, eco-friendly toiletries, and luxurious bathrooms with under-floor heating and mist-free mirrors.