$209 & up – NYC: Posh James Soho Hotel, 45% Off
NYC's Soho neighborhood is known for cobblestone streets, high-end art galleries and the best shopping in the city. For the first time on Travelzoo, the trendy James Hotel in the heart of Soho is offering exclusively discounted stays that include two complimentary drinks and waived resort fee, rare for New York City.
- What's included:
- Stay in a Standard Queen Room, Friday-Monday
- $209-$232 per night ... January
- $232-$243 per night ... February
- $278 per night ... March
- +$26-$38 per night for Tuesday-Thursday
- Deluxe and Corner King Rooms are also on sale
- Waived daily resort fee ($56 value), which covers Wi-Fi, in-room bottled water, coffee and tea, 24 hour fitness room access, $15 daily minibar credit and daily wine hour
- Two complimentary welcome drinks ($38 value, once per stay)
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room
- Additional adults are +$49 per guest, per night; children ages 12 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding
- Extra bed/Rollaway is available in the Corner King Studio only
- These rates are nonrefundable and noncancellable
- Valet parking is $55-$78 per night, plus tax
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
What you need to know:
"Contemporary art and lots of clean edges" -- The New York Times
Why We Love It
- A luxurious urban resort-like setting in a chic corner of SoHo
- The expansive outdoor garden features local artwork and specialty cocktails
- On-site eats crafted by celeb chef David Burke
- 360 degree skyline views from Jimmy, the hotel’s rooftop lounge and pool (pool is seasonal)
Slick and cool, The James New York oozes all things urban -- loft-like rooms, big-city nightlife and designer everything. To top it off, the urban retreat is AAA 4-Diamond-rated and has an enviable downtown address surrounded by the cafes and boutiques of SoHo. It is just one block from a metro stop.
One of the few high-rise buildings in this part of town, The James ascends 18 stories above SoHo providing 360 degree city views from its rooftop lounge, Jimmy, which is open year-round. The scene at the hotel changes with the seasons. In summer, it’s all about the private rooftop pool and the “Urban Garden” that features curated pieces from local artists, outdoor dining and a buzzing post-work drinking scene. When the weather turns crisp, guests can retreat to the soothing James Club that offers a collection of New York books, complimentary snacks and a wall of windows overlooking a sculpture garden.
Though dining options in this neighborhood are aplenty, a visit to the onsite David Burke Kitchen (named after the celeb chef) is a must. Tuck into nibbles like maple-bacon dates or smoked pastrami salmon sticks with a specialty cocktail at the restaurant’s bar and then sink into the subterranean dining room for inventive entrees.
The light-filled guestrooms are earthy but luxurious with glass enclosed slate-tiled bathrooms, plush organic bedding and rainfall showerheads. Adding to the homey vibe are free perks like Wi-Fi, triple distilled water (refreshed twice daily) and nightly turndown service.
- “The atmosphere at SoHo's James hotel is that of a stylishly pared-down bachelor pad” – Travel + Leisure
- “Service is familiar, not formal” – Conde Nast Traveler
- "The architecture is modern, the art cutting-edge and everything else organic or free-range" --The New York Times
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Roof terrace
- Nightlife / entertainment
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 12 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Extra bed/Rollaway is available in the Corner King Studio only.
Extra bedding available upon request: $40 plus tax, per night.
Crib/Pack 'n Play are not available.
Extra person charge is 40.00 USD (subject to tax), per person, per night, for each occupant over 2.
Extra bed/Rollaway is available in the Corner King Studio only.
Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at $75 plus tax per pet per stay. Dogs and cats only. Maximum of 2 pets per room.
Dogs and cats only. Maximum of 2 pets per room.
A resort/facility fee of $40 plus tax, per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out. **The Facility Fee of $40.00 plus tax ($45.90 including tax) will be waived when booking the Travelzoo Deal**
The Facility Fee includes:
A Valet Parking Fee of $55-65 (plus tax) applies per day and will be added to your bill directly at the hotel. This rate is subject to change at the discretion of the property.
**The Facility Fee of $40.00 plus tax ($45.90 including tax) will be waived when booking the Travelzoo Deal**
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
$209 / night
When You Can Go
Options Jan. 1 - March 31
Getting ThereIt’s a 30-40 minute drive from JFK Airport, depending on the traffic, and cab fare is approximately $50, not including tip or tolls. Alternatively, take the Air Train from the airport to Jamaica Station and switch to the E train subway into Manhattan and get off at Canal Street (three blocks from hotel). The ride will take a little over an hour, but only costs $7.50.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.