Why We Love It
- Modern 5-star design hotel close to Lake Alster & Gänsemarkt shops & U-Bahn
- Within walking distance to city-centre museums, with good transport links
- Has a Michelin Guide-listed steakhouse restaurant & a stylish rooftop lounge
- Has a colourful spa with a pool, Jacuzzi, steam room & sauna, open until 11pm daily
"Haven of high style" -- Frommer's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
SIDE Hamburg is a chic 5-star design hotel on the northern fringes of Hamburg city centre, with views of Lake Alster from its upper floors. The glass-fronted building is halfway between the shops on Gänsemarkt and the Opera House, among old warehouses and modern glass offices. It's popular with business travellers, but there's plenty to please leisure travellers, including an indulgent late breakfast served until 2pm at the weekends.
The property is a 6-minute walk from the lakefront, where there is a path around the lake that is great for running (the hotel can provide jogging maps). City-centre sights like the Kunsthalle art gallery and Hamburg Museum can be reached in 16 minutes by foot. The area has good public transport connections too -- it's three minutes' walk to the nearest U-Bahn station, and nine minutes to Jungfernstieg S-Bahn station, which provides direct transfers to the airport in 40 minutes.
The hotel’s Michelin Guide-listed [m]eatery bar + restaurant is a hot pick for a hearty steak. The dining room is an elegant, modern space with wood-panelled walls and bold green chairs. There's a choice of Argentinean, German or American meat, and diners can take their pick from different cuts of raw beef brought to the table by the serving staff. Hidden in the basement is a colourful spa, open until 11pm daily, which includes a full-size pool, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, a steam room and a gym, as well as a treatment room for massages. Guests can also make use of the stylish 8th-floor sky lounge, which has excellent views of the surrounding docks.
The Daily Telegraph describes the bedrooms as "stylish and unfussy", with stained-wood floorboards and oatmeal-coloured drapes. The "commodious, snazzy" (Frommer's) bathrooms have glass sinks and are separated from the sleeping area by a frosted-glass wall. All rooms have free Wi-Fi; Business and Executive rooms also have Nespresso machines, and the latter has a kitchenette and a bathroom with a rainfall shower and bath. Suites on the 10th and 11th floors afford excellent views.
- "Side showcases minimalism at its finest" -- The Daily Telegraph
- "Haven of high style" -- Frommer's
- "A stylish alternative to the city centre’s chain hotels" -- Lonely Planet
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Roof terrace
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 24-hour front desk
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Mini bar
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 28 for adults and EUR 14 for children (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 125 per vehicle (one way)
- Self parking fee: EUR 30.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: EUR 32.00 per day
- Pet fee: EUR 25 per pet, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 40.0 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
- A city tax is imposed by the city of Hamburg. Business travelers with proof of business-related travel are exempt from this tax. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.