Bairro Alto Hotel
Why We Love It
- Close to historic attractions & buzzy nightlife
- Impressive 18th-century mansion with spacious, art-filled rooms
- The terrace bar has views of the city, and you can enjoy complimentary in-room port
- Voted Portugal's Leading Hotel at the World Travel Awards 2014
"The hottest hotel in town" -- Frommer's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Bairro Alto Hotel is a 5-star boutique hotel in central Lisbon. A member of Leading Hotels of the World, the property is in the city's historic downtown area, between the Bairro Alto and Chiado districts.
Bairro Alto Hotel is on Praça Luís de Camões, where you can explore Baroque churches and some of the city’s best after-dark dens. Many of the city's top attractions, including the São Carlos and São Luís theatres, the Chiado Museum, the MUDE Design and Fashion Museum, and the churches of Basília dos Martires and Igreja da Encarnação, are a short walk away. Tram 28 departs from outside the hotel if you want to explore further afield.
The hotel blends old and new, with the striking yellow exterior of this 18th-century mansion housing spacious, contemporary rooms. The main lobby and the bedrooms feature sculptures, photography and paintings by local artists.
The property has 55 rooms, including four suites. Rooms overlook the Bairro Alto, the quiet Rua das Flores or the sunny Rua do Alecrim, and all have double glazing to ensure a good night's sleep despite the lively location. Rooms feature hardwood floors, marble bathrooms, DVD players, Wi-Fi and a complimentary bottle of port.
The relaxed Flores do Bairro restaurant specialises in traditional Portuguese sharing dishes, while the Café-Bar BA offers snacks and an extensive drinks menu, plus DJs and live bands. You can also have a drink on the BA Terrace on the top floor, and look out on the Rio Tejo and the city's rooftops. The hotel also has a fitness centre, which is open from 6am-11pm daily.
- "A Lisbon hotel offering period features, modern design and excellent dining" -- The Daily Telegraph
- Gym / fitness center
- Roof terrace
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Mini bar
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Valet service (fees apply)
Check-in: Standard Time is 2pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 2pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 50 per vehicle (one way)
- Valet parking fee: EUR 21.00 per day
- Late check-out is available for a fee (subject to availability)
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 82.50 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 1 per person, per night, up to 7 nights. This tax does not apply to children under 13 years of age.
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.