Loews Boston Back Bay Hotel
Why We Love It
- Renovated in 2014, this historic Beaux-Arts building was once home to the Boston Police Headquarters
- Free Wi-Fi plus high-end amenities like pillowtop beds, heated towel racks and Frette linens
- Walking distance to Boston Common, Copley Square and Newbury Street
- Rooms are on the small side, but some of the most wallet friendly in this upscale neighborhood
"Guest rooms are superb" -- Time Out
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Set a few blocks south of Boston Common in what was once home to the Boston Police Headquarters is the landmark Loews Boston Back Bay Hotel. A 2014 makeover spruced up the hotel into a boutique-style city dwelling primed for seeing the sights.
Now, all that remains of its former life are the original marble floors and the 1920s Beaux Arts facade. Through the lobby, an illuminated glass staircase leads guests upstairs, where Frette linens, heated towel racks plus free bottled water and Wi-Fi polish off modernized guest rooms. The business and fitness centers are both open round the clock.
Downstairs, Precinct Bar + Grill -- a new addition with the renovation -- serves a menu of New England seafood staples such as lobster, oysters and a whole clam bake. Diners can opt for indoor seating or, in the warmer months, step down below the sidewalk to the outdoor terrace. Guests can take advantage of this Travelzoo deal to save on dinner and drinks. The hotel's location on the border of the Back Bay and the hip South End also means there's no shortage of eateries nearby.
The start of the Freedom Trail -- a brick path that leads past 16 historic city sites -- is a 10-minute walk away. Copley Square is three blocks west, housing the Boston Public Library and neighbor to the Prudential Center and Skywalk Observatory. A short ways beyond that is Fenway Park, accessible on foot or a T ride from the Arlington stop, three blocks from the hotel.
- "This place exudes hip history with 21st-century amenities" -- Fodor's
- "The recent renovation resulted in luxurious rooms done in blues and browns and beiges" -- Lonely Planet
- "Guest rooms are superb" -- Time Out
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
Room amenities Mini fridge available upon request.
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Valet parking fee: USD 53.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 50 per accommodation, per stay
- A late check-out fee will be charged
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25.0 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.