MGM Grand Detroit
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Hotel
- All rooms at the AAA 4-Diamond hotel are spacious and posh, starting at 510 square feet
- The Vegas-style casino holds nearly 4,000 slot and video game machines
- Home to Wolfgang Puck Steak, as well as numerous other restaurants
- Guests have access to the infinity pool, fitness center and full-service spa
With a 100,000-square-foot casino, posh rooms and a host of on-site restaurants, MGM Grand Detroit brings a Vegas sensibility to the Motor City. The hotel's downtown location draws in business travelers and tourists seeking to explore the numerous nearby attractions.
The Vegas-style glamour comes across in the guestrooms, which start at a spacious 510 square feet and feature 42-inch digital plasma TVs. Even the upscale bathrooms feature plasma TVs built into the mirrors, as well as oversized marble showers. In-room Wi-Fi is complimentary.
One of the biggest draws is the casino, which holds nearly 4,000 slots and video game machines, 98 game tables and a non-smoking casino. Non-gamers can relax in the full-service spa, or check out the state-of-the-art fitness center and infinity pool.
Guests can choose from numerous dining options, ranging from casual to upscale. Highlights include two Wolfgang Puck restaurants -- the upscale Wolfgang Puck Steak as well as the more casual Wolfgang Puck Pizzeria & Cucina. There is also an on-site sushi eatery, sports bar, diner and food court, as well as a Starbucks.
Night owls can dance until after-hours at the nightclub, or grab drinks alongside live music at the lounge.
Outside the property doors, many of Detroit's top attractions are a walk or a cab ride away. A 10-minute walk away is Masonic Temple Theatre. Comerica Park is about a four-minute drive, while Saint Andrews Hall is about a seven-minute drive.
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary valet service
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 10 and USD 30 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 13.80 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 13.80 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 0.00 per night (rates may vary)
- Early check-in is available for a fee (subject to availability)
- Late check-out is available for a fee (subject to availability)
- Refrigerator fee: USD 20.00 per night
- Crib (infant bed) fee: USD 20.0 per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20.0 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: USD 100.00 per stay
- Resort fee: USD 13.80 per accommodation, per night
- Pool access
- Spa access
- Fitness center access
- Business center/computer access
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- In-room coffee
- In-room bottled water
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.