Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa
Why We Love It
- One of Maui's most famous landmarks, the Black Rock, is practically on site and is renowned for snorkeling, cliff diving and its iconic silhouette
- The low-key vibe makes this a good place for families
- Lazy-river style pool sprawls throughout the complex with two bars along the way
- Rooms are recently refurbished and most have at least a partial oceanview
"On Kaʻanapali's best stretch of beach" -- Fodor's
Rooms & Rates
Occupying the best spot on arguably the best beach in Maui, the Sheraton Maui Resort redefines the phrase "prime location." Smaller than surrounding hotels but still a mega-resort, the Sheraton is comparatively quieter than its neighbors but still an excellent choice for families. The crowning jewel of the resort is the renowned Black Rock, which is practically on site and boasts some of the best snorkeling in Maui. Each night, the cliff is illuminated with torches for the "Cliff Diving" ceremony, a tradition since the resort opened in the 1960s. The beach can be crowded during peak season with visitors from neighboring resorts making the stroll to this prime stretch of golden sand.
The sprawling, 23-acre grounds are lush with gardens, and travelers can easily find a peaceful nook to themselves, but some of rooms require a bit of a stroll to certain amenities. Request a room with a more central location to avoid the walk. The majority of rooms are ocean-facing, so ask for the best possible view when booking. Private balconies make sunset-watching easy, and most rooms have been recently renovated. Rooms are standard for this chain hotel, though the light and airy vibe lends to a simplicity that complements the stunning surroundings.
The five on-site restaurants pack a bit more originality into their cuisine than most mega-resorts, including an oceanfront tapas and Mediterranean restaurant, an eatery helmed by top teppanyaki chefs, fine dining and a bistro menu praised for innovative takes on traditional food like hot dogs. Prices can be steep, but they are in line with other area resorts. Couples and guests looking for ultimate relaxation will appreciate the luxurious, full-service spa with treatment rooms that look out over the ocean.
While it's hard to beat the world of sea turtles and golden sands of the beach, the pool complex is a worthy opponent. Meandering through the grounds, the sprawling lazy-river style pool is lined with two swim-up bars, hidden waterfalls and lagoons. Kid's activities are organized daily, and guests can take advantage of hula lessons, outrigger canoe trips and more. The low-key vibe makes the Sheraton an excellent choice for families wanting a quiet getaway with plenty of activities and couples who don't mind the large-resort experience.
A $25 nightly resort fee per room covers in-room Wi-Fi access and throughout the resort, valet parking, a shuttle to nearby resorts and towns, upgraded access to the luau and entrance fees to the on-site nightclub.
- "The choices are many at this sleek hotel, which sprawls across 23 acres at the north end of the Kaʻanapali Beach Walk" -- Lonely Planet
- "Set among dense gardens on Kaʻanapali's best stretch of beach, the Sheraton offers a quieter, more low-key atmosphere than its neighboring resorts" -- Fodor's
- "The resort’s prime location, ample amenities, and typically great service make it an all-around great place to stay" -- Frommer's
- Newspaper / magazines
- Outdoor pool
- Tennis courts
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 12 and USD 35 for adults, USD 12 and USD 35 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 14.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 14.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 14.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: USD 14.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 22.00 per day
- Valet parking fee: USD 30.00 per day
- An in-room microwave is available for an additional fee
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 30.0 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 26.04 per accommodation, per night
- Shuttle service
- Internet access
- Phone calls
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.