Koa Kea Hotel & Resort
Why We Love It
- This luxe, boutique resort is a welcome change from the surrounding mega-resorts and condo-style properties
- It is best suited for adults and couples looking for romance and relaxation
- It's nearly impossible to get closer to the beach
- The on-site Red Salt Restaurant serves some of the best seafood on the island against a stunning, oceanview background
"#3 Best Hotel in Kauai" -- U.S. News & World Report
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The 4.5-star Koa Kea Hotel & Resort is a classic case of not judging a book by its cover. It's the former home of a budget hotel in the 1980s, and the new owners kept the old exterior to give present-day travelers some of the closest beach access on the island instead of rebuilding under new restrictions. Stepping through the front doors transports travelers to a modern, luxurious lobby with chic touches that are carried throughout the property.
Sophisticated and spacious rooms in the U-shaped building offer views of the pool and the ocean, though with beach access like this, our Deal Experts recommend splurging for the oceanview. The panoramas are worth it, and travelers can unwind on the furnished lanai and watch the early morning surfers. Step into the Italian marble bath complete with soaking tub for some self-pampering, or book an appointment at the reviewer-lauded spa.
Those looking for a mega-resort experience may be disappointed by the lack of features at the Koa Kea, particularly in the realm of kids clubs and children's activities. What the resort lacks in resort-style amenities, it makes up for in attentive service with an eye for pampering, like twice-daily housekeeping and nightly turndown service. The small pool is a peaceful break from the busy beach, and the on-site restaurant is regarded as one of the best on the island. Couples and adults looking for a peaceful getaway in luxe surroundings may fall in love with this boutique property that Zagat says is "heaven to come back to."
- "This boutique property offers a high-end experience without the bustle of many larger resorts, making it a great place to forget it all, and a perfect romantic getaway" -- Fodor's
- "Posh, boutique inn boasting the island’s best hotel restaurant, Red Salt, as well as a small but expertly staffed spa" -- Frommer's
- "This romantic boutique hotel occupies a unique niche in Poʻipu. It's a bold exploration of design instead of the Hawaiiana leitmotif of so many other hotels" -- Lonely Planet
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour room service
- Concierge service
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary valet service
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 10.00 and USD 27.00 per person (approximately)
- Pet fee: USD 300 per pet, per stay
- Late check-out fee: USD 200 (subject to availability)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 38.54 per accommodation, per night
- Fitness center access
- Fitness/yoga classes
- Internet access
- Concierge/valet service
- Valet parking
- Additional inclusions
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.