$116 & up – Chicago's 4-Star Hotel Lincoln through April
If you've been to downtown Chicago before or just want to get away from the Mag Mile crowds, Hotel Lincoln puts you steps from the Lincoln Park Zoo and plenty of neighborhood bars and restaurants. Plus: Guests who upgrade to a suite get $40 in free extras.
One of the Best Boutique Hotels in Chicago -- Time Out Chicago
- $116 per night ... Sunday-Thursday in February-March
- $151 per night ... Sunday-Thursday in April
- Upgrades to Junior Suites are also discounted, starting at +$47 per night
- Guests who book a Junior Suite will receive a $25 credit for on-site dining, including the rooftop bar, plus the nightly amenity fee will be waived (reg. $15 per night)
- Weekends are also discounted for suite stays
What You Need to Know
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room; upgraded room types allow additional adults at higher rates
- Children ages 16 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding
- Rates for Neighborhood View Queen rooms are nonrefundable and noncancellable; rates in Junior Suites are refundable; book now and cancel later, if necessary
- This hotel charges an amenity fee of $15 plus tax per night; the fee covers one complimentary drink per stay in The Kennison, Wi-Fi, bottled water, skip the line to the J. Parker bar, seasonal bike rentals and area discounts; this fee is waived for Junior Suite stays
- Valet parking is $60 plus tax per night
- Pet-friendly; no fees required
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love It
- A classically chic boutique hotel right next to Lincoln Park and Lake Michigan
- The rooftop bar has great views of the skyline and the park
- Free extras include loaner bikes and a pedicab service
- Far from the more touristy areas -- but you can still get downtown quickly
We love that the Hotel Lincoln offers travelers the option to really see the Chicago that exists outside of downtown -- it sits in one of Chicago’s most desirable neighborhoods, right next to Lincoln Park and a little north of Old Town -- but still stay at a top-notch 4-star boutique hotel.
The funky-retro rooms are on the smaller side but all come with 42-inch flat screen TVs, local artwork dotting the walls, free high-speed Wi-Fi and in-room coffee makers. Lakeview rooms are on higher floors and have the best views of the area; book a suite for some extra space, plus pull-out sleeper sofas for additional guests. Your morning coffee and pastry comes from Elaine's Coffee Call in the lobby, while the hotel's new restaurant The Kennison features familiar dishes like fish & chips, steak frites and a variety of pastas.
The J. Parker cocktail bar and restaurant is regularly named one of the city's top rooftop bars; the 13th-story destination offers "one of the best rooftop views anywhere in Chicago" (Conde Nast Traveler) and seats can be hard to find in summer -- but even in winter, guests can comfortably enjoy the view from the rooftop's glass-enclosed terrace. Even better: Hotel guests get to skip the line to the rooftop.
Location is a huge draw for the Hotel Lincoln. Guests can be strolling along North Avenue Beach in minutes, and you're right across the street from the Lincoln Park Zoo, which is free to visit and open year-round. The famed Second City is a short 10-minute stroll south, while the Mag Mile and Navy Pier are a 10-15 minute cab ride away.
- "Entering the lobby is like walking into your hip friend's apartment building" -- Fodor’s
- "Original, retro-cool design and kitchy fun are the hotel's hallmarks" -- The Telegraph UK
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Roof terrace
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Bike rental
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 16 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Extra bedding available only in Lake View Suites.
Extra bedding available upon request: free of charge.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
$20 plus tax per night for older children and adults.
Extra bedding available only in Lake View Suites.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request: free of charge.
A resort/facility fee of $15 inclusive of tax, per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out. The resort/facility fee includes:
**Please note this fee is waived when booking the Travelzoo Deal - REFUNDABLE - only**
The resort/facility fee includes:
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
A Valet Parking Fee of $60 plus tax, per night applies and will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Valet service includes in/out privileges.
This fee is subject to change at the discretion of the hotel.
Up to 55% off
$116 / night
When You Can Go
Weekdays in February-March; April also discounted
Getting ThereThe hotel is 30-45 minutes by taxi from both O'Hare and Midway airports. The closest El stop to the hotel is the Sedgwick Brown Line, about a half mile away.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.