Monarch Beach Resort
Why We Love It
- Named one of Travel + Leisure’s World’s Best Family Resorts in 2015
- Gorgeous and secluded, the cliff-top resort looks out over the Pacific Ocean
- There's something for everyone -- an 18-hole golf course, award-winning spa and a private beach
- Six dining options including Michael Mina's Stonehill Tavern
- Guest rooms are spacious and in perfect shape after updates completed in summer 2015
"The St. Regis can satisfy your every whim" -- Fodor's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Perched atop the bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean sits the AAA 5-Diamond St. Regis Monarch Beach. Covering 172 acres -- it comes with gorgeous coastline views overlooking the resort’s own private beach.
While the cliff-top location makes for a tranquil retreat, it also puts guests a 10-minute drive or 15-minute walk from the sand. The trip down the hill is easy (the resort’s complimentary tram makes the trip every 15 minutes from sunrise until 7:30 p.m.) and worth it -- the intimate beach offers umbrella and towel service, kayak rentals and surf lessons, and is home to oceanfront dining at the exclusive Monarch Bay Club. For other nearby excursions, the Dana Point Trolley departs from the hotel on Fridays-Saturdays during the summer, stopping at Strands Beach, Doheny State Park, Dana Point Harbor as well as other local attractions.
The grounds also include an 18-hole golf course, three pools, tennis courts for rent and an award-winning spa that dazzles guests with a eucalyptus steam room, sauna, and lounge space with organic café. The top choice for on-site dining, Stonehill Tavern, comes from renowned chef Michael Mina and focuses on seasonal menus and fine wine -- the selection includes more than 900 bottles. For those needing variety, there are five other restaurants on-site including the brand new farm-to-table AVEO Table + Bar. There, the highlight of the menu is a selection of house cocktails made with resort-grown herbs and honey.
Rooms are spacious, and after updates completed in the summer of 2015, in close-to if not perfect shape. Natural light floods in through glass doors, and every room has a private walkout balcony, a deep soaking tub and complimentary Wi-Fi.
- “Grand and sprawling, the St. Regis can satisfy your every whim" -- Fodor's
- “Even seasoned travelers will swoon over the luscious, secluded setting of The St. Regis Monarch Beach”-- Forbes Travel Guide
- Newspaper / magazines
- Golf course (on-site)
- Pool bar
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Tennis courts
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
You must present a photo ID when checking in. Your credit card is charged at the time you book. Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed.Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival. The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking. Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 15 and USD 30 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 0.00 (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 0.00 (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 24.00 per stay
- Valet parking fee: USD 37.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 150.00 per pet, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 30 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the hotel:
- Resort fee: USD 35.00 per accommodation, per night
- Pool access
- Spa access
- Spa tub access
- Beach access
- Beach loungers
- Beach towels
- Health club access
- Fitness center access
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- In-room safe
- In-room coffee
- In-room bottled water
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Renovations and Closures
The hotel will be renovating from 03 November 2015 to 31 March 2016 (completion date subject to change). The following areas are affected:
- Dining venue
- Swimming pool
- One of the dining venues
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.