$189 – Carmel Boutique Hotel at 50% Off
Find a Zen-like oasis at this Forbes Travel Guide-recommended hotel just blocks from downtown Carmel and save 50% on regular rates.
- What's included:
- $189 per night ... select Sundays-Thursdays in November and many Sundays-Thursdays December-April
- $222 per night ... Friday-Saturday, November-April and select dates in October (2-night minimum required on Saturdays)
- All guests receive a daily continental buffet breakfast, including pastries from Lafayette Bakery
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room
- The queen queen room can accommodate up to four guests; there is a +$34 charge per guest, per night for the third and fourth guests; children up to age 2 stay free, while children 3 and older are $30 plus tax per night when using existing bedding
- These rates are refundable; cancel 7 days prior to arrival to avoid penalties
- No resort fee
- Free Wi-Fi
- Self-parking is complimentary
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
What you need to know:
“Asian tranquility soothes the soul” -- Architectural Digest
Why We Love It
- With a Zen theme and meditation garden, this 28-room hotel is best suited for couples or those seeking peace and quiet
- The hotel is three blocks from shops and restaurants along Ocean Avenue; walk to the beach in 15 minutes
- For a small inn, the rooms are quite plush with goose-down feather beds and high-end furniture (featured in Architectural Digest)
- A free buffet breakfast of pastries, bagels, fresh cut fruit and yogurt is served each morning, giving the inn a B&B feel
Tucked away on a downtown side street, Tradewinds Carmel provides a Zen-like oasis with its Asian-influenced design and Pacific Ocean breezes.
Featured in Architectural Digest for its East-meets-West décor, the property is built around a central courtyard dotted with birds of paradise, a fire pit, a small waterfall and even a meditation garden in which to unwind.
The Asian theme extends into each of the 28 rooms, which are adorned with kimono robes, bamboo details and orchids, as well as luxuries like high-end linens, silk pillows and organic bath products. In-room Wi-Fi is complimentary. Like most hotels in the area, rooms do not have air conditioning, so sleeping with the windows open is usually the way to go.
Take advantage of the complimentary buffet breakfast, which can be delivered in-room if desired. The hotel lacks an on-site spa or fitness center, but there is a massage team available for in-room massages with advanced booking.
With a prime location in downtown Carmel, the hotel is about a 15-minute walk from the dog-friendly Carmel Beach and about a 15-minute drive from the famed Monterey Bay Aquarium. There are also many walking, running and hiking trails within miles of the hotel.
- “Featuring Asian-inspired décor and a meditation garden to provide a tranquil atmosphere for stressed-out guests” -- Travel + Leisure
- “Asian tranquility soothes the soul on the California coast” -- Architectural Digest
- “Asian fusion decor and premium linens are featured in each luxurious guest room” --Lonely Planet
- Newspaper / magazines
- 100% smoke-free
- Concierge service
- Central heating
- Iron and ironing board
- Jacuzzi in some rooms
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Off-street parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm. For guests under 21, an adult is required to sign a credit card authorization.
For guests under 21, an adult is required to sign a credit card authorization.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children welcome. Additional charges may apply and will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Extra bedding and Crib/Pack 'n Play are not available.
Extra person charge is 30 USD plus tax, per person, per night.
Pets are allowed on request and will be charged a non-refundable 30 USD plus tax, for the first pet, per night. Each additional pet is 15 USD plus
tax, per night.
Dogs must be at least 6 months old, no more than 3.5 feet tall and no more than 70 pounds.
Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
$189 / night
When You Can Go
Midweek November-April; weekends & October also discounted
Getting ThereThe hotel is an approximately 10-minute drive from Monterey Regional Airport. It is approximately an hour and 15 minutes from San Jose International Airport, and an hour and 45 minutes from San Francisco International Airport.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(48 Member Ratings)