Why We Love It
- Luxurious, elegantly designed interiors evoke its historic surroundings
- Splurge on legendary desserts at the Peninsula Grill, a stylish on-site restaurant with a southern garden atmosphere
- Step out the front doors to explore Charleston City Market -- one of America's oldest and most refined
- Each room's marble bathroom comes with custom toiletries only available at the hotel
"Opulent enclave of colonial charm" -- Frommer's
Rooms & Rates
Luxurious and historic, the Planters Inn in Charleston is at once an inviting home base for exploring the iconic city and a place to unwind and relax.
Guestrooms at this hotel are appointed with bright and rich yet understated interiors that mirror the colonial surroundings. The furniture in each room is even designed to fit in with the history of the region. Guestrooms also have marble bathrooms and exclusive hotel-only bath amenities.
Start each day with complimentary coffee and tea service in the lobby before stepping out into the charming city. Turndown service includes extras like complimentary coffee and fresh-baked cookies. Just outside the hotel is the Charleston City Market -- one of the country's oldest -- where guests can pick up traditional handicrafts, locally grown tea and rice, and other unique gifts.
- "Part of the Relais & Châteaux group, this boutique property with well-appointed and beautifully maintained rooms is a stately sanctuary amid the bustle of Charleston's Market" -- Fodor's
- "Staying at the Planters Inn is akin to an overnight with well-to-do friends in their old Charleston mansion" -- Travel + Leisure
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: USD 16 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 32 per day (in/out privileges)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.