The Emily Morgan - a DoubleTree by Hilton
Why We Love It
- Historic hotel is Gothic on the outside, modern luxury in the inside
- The official hotel of the iconic Alamo for its direct views and proximity
- On-site ORO Restaurant and Bar a locavore's dream featuring ingredients from Texas farmers
- Historic Riverwalk, bustling with sights and shops is a five minute walk
“Posh destination steeped in period romance” — Fodor’s
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
This hotel is absolutely bursting with Texas history: from its name and proximity to the Alamo to its Gothic architecture and rumored ghosts. Two recent renovations, however, revamped modernity and style for a comfortable, one-of-a-kind stay. Whether for a quick business trip or a family excursion, it’s impossible to miss out on San Antonio at this property. Many guest rooms offer views of the Alamo and others have Jacuzzi tubs.
Opened in 1926, this hotel was the first skyscraper west of the Mississippi River and was at one time the tallest building in the western United States. In 2015, the hotel was inducted into the Historic Hotels of America organization; it had been recognized by the National Register of Historic Places as part of the Alamo Plaza Historic District.
Sample Southwestern flavors at on-site ORO Restaurant or indulge in a martini some describe as “renowned.” The lively atmosphere makes for an unforgettable San Antonio experience. Well-appointed guest rooms are decorated with blackout curtains and comfortable beds for re-energizing nights before taking on the city.
- “Sleek furnishings and whirlpool tubs in marble bathrooms make it a posh destination steeped in period romance” — Fodor’s
- “This is a perfect option for business and leisure travelers alike” — Frommer’s
- “It is a perfect introduction to San Antonio’s rich history” — Gayot.com
- Outdoor pool
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 11 and USD 20 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 39 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: USD 50.00 per stay
- Pet fee: USD 50 per accommodation, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20.0 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: USD 75.00 per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.