Why We Love It
- Free amenities like Wi-Fi, breakfast, nightly wine & cheese, afternoon tea, and gym passes -- a value of over $100 per night -- explain the slightly higher rates
- A book lover's dream: rooms are filled with books, all on a select subject
- On a quiet corner one block from Fifth Avenue and two blocks from Grand Central
- Consistently tops TripAdvisor with discreet, attentive service that appeals to honeymooners and business travelers
"A refuge of calm" -- The Independent
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Taking inspiration from the New York Public Library just down the street, this elegantly unassuming hotel is dedicated to book lovers and is "a refuge of calm," says The Independent. The hotel is walking distance to Grand Central and is near Bryant Park.
Your stay comes with lots of complimentary extras -- Wi-Fi, breakfast, passes to New York Sports Clubs, a nightly cheese and wine reception (5-8 p.m.), and self-serve refreshments and cookies.
With only 60 rooms, the property offers an intimate New York experience, shared in the evenings with high-flying locals who like to hang out at the rooftop Bookmarks Lounge sipping literary-inspired cocktails. The Madison & Vine, the on-site restaurant serves American fare for lunch and dinner, and an indulgent brunch on the weekends.
The real stars, however, are the rooms, themed by subject and organized using the librarian’s favorite: the Dewey Decimal System. Each has 25 to 100 books on a single distinct topic, including fashion, photography, mathematics, astrology, and erotic literature picked by American sex therapist Dr Ruth -- apparently the most requested room.
High ceilings and large windows help the bedrooms feel bigger than they really are, but the Petite Rooms are a little on the small side (at 200 square feet). Deluxe Rooms are roomier and worth the upgrade. Ask for a room on a higher floor for a quieter night's sleep.
- "Manages to be sleek and geeky at the same time" -- The New York Times
- "The fireplace, cozy sofas and club chairs at this rooftop bar suggest the decadent penthouse apartment you’ll probably never afford" -- Time Out
- "Nowhere is more shelf space devoted to good reading than at the elegant, six-year-old Library Hotel" -- Washington Post
- Perfect for a "traveler hungry for a little culture and coziness" -- New York Magazine
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Roof terrace
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
Room amenities Empty mini-fridges available in each room.
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Public car park (fees apply)
Accessibility Accessible bathroom: deluxe room only
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 1pm.
Children and additional guests:
Infant's cot/crib available on request free of charge and in the Deluxe Room and Junior Suites only. No extra beds available.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.