The Fort Garry Hotel
Why We Love It
- Once a railway hotel, the historic Fort Garry was built by the same company as the famed Chateau Laurier
- Historic grandeur throughout, from the balconied lobby to the high-ceilinged guestrooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi and in-room tea and coffee delivery
- Tuck into a plush, pillowtop bed with down pillows and duvets
"Lavishly refurbished" -- Rough Guide
Rooms & Rates
Constructed by the same company just one year after the Chateau Laurier, the Fort Garry remains Winnipeg's most iconic hotel with opulent furnishings and a castle-like exterior.
Guestrooms have high ceilings, and grand furnishings and decor, and complimentary Wi-Fi. Tuck into a plush pillowtop bed with premium linens and down duvets and pillows. A unique amenity, coffee, tea and cookies can be ordered to any room, free of charge at any time of day.
A well-equipped fitness center is available, complete with an indoor pool and whirlpool and jogging track. Or visit the Ten Spa, featuring Canada's only co-ed Turkish bath.
Breakfast is available at the Broadway Room, and breakfast, lunch and dinner -- as well as evening drinks -- can be found at the Palm Lounge, which also frequently has live music. On select Sundays, usually around holidays, both locations host a decked-out brunch buffet.
- "If you love grand historic hotels, the Fort Garry is the lodging for you" -- Frommer's
- "Winnipeg history radiates from this locally owned 1913 limestone legacy that's like something out of a movie" -- Lonely Planet
- "Built in neo-Gothic style between 1911 and 1914 and near the train station, this lavishly refurbished hotel has an elegant, balconied foyer leading to 250 rooms" -- Rough Guide
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: CAD 16.50 for adults and CAD 10 for children (approximately)
- Self parking fee: CAD 18.00 per night
- Valet parking fee: CAD 27.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Extended parking fee: CAD 18 per night
- Pet fee: CAD 50 per accommodation, per night
- Late check-out is available for a fee (subject to availability)
- Refrigerator fee: CAD 15 per night
- In-room microwave fee: CAD 15 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: CAD 25.00 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: CAD 50.00 per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.