$97 – Cornwall: St Ives castle stay w/extras, 59% off
Save up to 59% on stays at this Cornish castle, which has "spectacular views" of St Ives (The AA) and is set in its own 72-acre estate. Overnight breaks are now $97 and include:
- Accommodation in a Castle Double or Family Room, with Cornish breakfast and early check-in from noon, which you must pre-book (subject to availability), for two
- A round of golf on the hotel's par-3 course (worth $21 per person)
- Tickets to Tate St Ives (worth $10 per person)
- You can book a cheaper rate of $83 in March (limited availability)
- A 2-night stay (with the extra night on a B&B basis) is $139 in March and $167 April-May
- For 3- and 4-night stays, extra nights with breakfast are $70
- Saturdays are an extra $28 and require a 2-night minimum stay
- Stay in a Castle Sea View Double room for an extra $28 per night, or a West Wing Sea View Double room for an extra $56 per night (April-May only)
Update (2:52pm, 22 February): Castle Sea View Double and West Wing Sea View Double rooms are now available March-May
Update (12:11pm, 1 March): Family Rooms are no longer available
"One of the loveliest bays in Britain" -- Time Out
Why We Love It
- The hotel is set in 72 acres of "beautiful landscaped sub-tropical gardens", says The AA Hotel Guide 2018
- It overlooks St Ives beach, which Time Out rates as one of Britain's 10 best beaches
- There is an 18-hole par-3 golf course, racquet-sports facilities, indoor and outdoor heated pools and a fitness suite
Tregenna Castle Hotel was built in 1774, and is set in over 70 acres of gardens that overlook St Ives and the Atlantic. With an 18-hole par-3 golf course, tennis, squash and badminton courts, beauty treatment rooms, swimming pools, a brasserie restaurant and more, it's a destination in its own right.
The hotel is a 20-minute walk from the white-sand Porthminster Beach, as well as the seaside town of St Ives, which Lonely Planet describes as a "pretty jumble of slate roofs, church towers and turquoise bays". In the 1920s, St Ives was the epicentre of Cornwall's art scene, and today it is home to Tate St Ives -- number 36 on our list of 101 Things to do in Cornwall -- the Leach Pottery and the Barbara Hepworth Museum and Sculpture Garden.
The South West Coast Path -- which leads to the Hayle Estuary or the picturesque Zennor village -- can be joined within 15 minutes' walk of the hotel. St Michael's Mount is a 20-minute drive away, and Land's End is 40 minutes away by car.
Castle Double Rooms at Tregenna Castle Hotel don't face the sea. Castle Sea View Double Rooms have views across the bay, and some have a sofa bed. You can also enjoy sea views from the Brasserie restaurant, which serves locally sourced seafood, as well as stone-baked pizzas and juicy British steaks.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Golf course (on-site)
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Outdoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Tennis courts
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests: Extra bed available in a Castle Sea View room only and charged as follows:£7.50 per child per night for children aged 12 and under. There is no extra bed available for older children and adults. Infant's cot/crib available on request, free of charge, for children aged 3 and under. Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel. See room descriptions and rate policies for information about room occupancy and prices. Please use the Special Request field on the checkout page to request an extra bed and confirm the age of the extra guest.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
The outdoor pool is open from late May to September, depending on the weather.
When You Can Go
Sun-Fri 1 Apr-25 May
(539 Member Ratings)
Getting ThereThe hotel is a 20-minute walk from St Ives railway station. Penzance is a 25-minute drive away, and Newquay Airport is 50 minutes' drive. Parking is free.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(539 Member Ratings)