$145-$187 – San Diego Little Italy Hotel thru Summer
Location, location, location -- that's what we like about this basic option in Little Italy. This summer, stay steps from some of San Diego's best sidewalk dining and shopping plus get breakfast for two as part of this 45%-off deal.
- What's included:
- $145-$187 per night, most Sundays-Thursdays through August
- $169-$196 per night, most Fridays-Saturdays through August
- $159-$238 per night, Memorial Day weekend (May 25-28)
- Stay in a Two Queen Classic room
- Complimentary breakfast for two (reg. $24)
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room
- Children under age 18 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding; extra bed available (in king rooms) upon request for $10 per night
- Refundable price; book now and cancel 48 hours prior to arrival if needed
- No resort fee
- Free Wi-Fi
- Self-parking is $25 per night
- Pet-friendly on request (additional fees apply)
What you need to know:
“A solid pick for the price” -- Oyster.com
Why We Love It
- Poised in the epicenter of San Diego’s Little Italy, less than a 10-minute drive from major attractions
- Impressive views from the fourth-floor restaurant
- Comfy guestrooms with modern decor and complimentary Wi-Fi
- Complimentary extras include shuttle service to the airport and cruise terminal 13 hours per day
In the heart of San Diego’s urban center, hip culture meets old-world feel in Little Italy. Shoppers flock to the Little Italy Mercato Farmers’ Market on Saturdays to purchase fresh produce. Pasta, wine, burgers and delicious desserts are easily found at the area’s restaurants and pubs.
Start a vacation in the center of the action at Porto Vista Hotel. The location is a bit of a trek on foot to well-known attractions, but a 10-minute drive delivers guests to familiar sites like the San Diego Zoo and USS Midway Museum.
Stop in Glass Door Restaurant to take in views of the city and harbor from its location on the property's fourth floor. Nosh on a tempura shrimp wrap or sample a Mediterranean tasting plate. Market-fresh seafood, cocktails and sweets also adorn the menu. Breakfast and brunch are also served.
As the sun dips below the horizon, head back to a guest room where floor-to-ceiling murals adorn the walls and complimentary Wi-Fi access makes it easy to stay in touch. Some rooms offer guests views of the bay.
- “This former budget motel has transformed into a contemporary hotel-motel with updated furnishings, a stylish restaurant and lounge” -- Fodor’s
- “Proving you needn't have wads of cash to be stylish, the owners of this Little Italy inn managed to dress up an old motel with enough extras to make it a fun place to do more than simply sleep” -- Frommer’s
- Infant cots / cribs
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Roof terrace
- 24-hour front desk
- Complimentary airport transfer
- Complimentary shuttle service
- Concierge service
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests: Children under age 18 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Children age 5 and under eat free, from the kids menu. Cribs available (in King and Deluxe Rooms) on request, free of charge for one child under age 5. Extra beds available (in King Rooms) on request: $10 per night. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request and will be charged $25 per day (subject to tax). Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
A parking fee of $25 per night (subject to tax) applies. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
An incidental fee of $50.00 (subject to tax) per room/ per night applies. This is an authorization that will be released upon checkout.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
$145 / night
When You Can Go
Travel through August
Getting TherePorto Vista Hotel is approximately a six-minute car ride from the San Diego International Airport, in good traffic. Cab fare is approximately $12 one way. Shuttle service is provided for free by the hotel from 7am-8pm. There is an additional per-night cost for valet parking.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(105 Member Ratings)