The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York
Why We Love It
- One of New York's top hotels with an unparalleled Central Park location
- A-list guests have included Mick Jagger, Frank Sinatra and Audrey Hepburn
- Excellent service, with a staff-to-guest ratio of 3:1
- "A stay at the Pierre ... is a one-of-a-kind New York experience," says Frommer's
"The Pierre is a destination in itself" -- Lonely Planet
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
"The Pierre has always been one of New York’s top-tier hotels," says Travel + Leisure, who named it one of their 500 World's Best Hotels in 2015. This flagship property underwent a $100 million renovation in 2009 to update its glamorous 1930s décor. The result is still discreet old New York -- bellhops wear white gloves, and it's one of the few hotels in the city still to have elevator operators.
The hotel's location is superb, towering over Fifth Avenue and Central Park, and has long been a celebrity favorite -- Andy Warhol, Audrey Hepburn, Frank Sinatra and Mick Jagger have all stayed here. Fifth Avenue shops are at the end of the street, MoMA is a 10-minute walk south, and some of the city's best sushi bars and French restaurants can be found in the vicinity.
Condé Nast Traveler raves about the "excellent" service, crediting a staff-to-guest ratio of 3:1. There’s a new Italian restaurant, Sirio, for Tuscan fine dining, and the Art Deco Two E Bar offers a traditional afternoon tea (daily, 3-5 p.m.) and live jazz every Tuesday. Additional facilities include a gym (open 6 a.m. - 9 p.m., extra hours on request) and the Jiva spa, which specializes in Indian treatments and aromatherapy.
Rooms are spread across the 41-story tower, and are all a good size. Some have street views and others overlook the Upper East Side. Pricier rooms and suites have Central Park views and are larger, with separate living areas -- the most opulent of which have private terraces and a private butler service provided by the Taj Royal Attaché.
- "A stay at the Pierre, if you can afford it, is a one-of-a-kind New York experience" -- Frommer's
- "Opulent, historic and obscenely romantic, the Pierre is a destination in itself" -- Lonely Planet
- "There is now a staff-to-guest ratio of three-to-one and an excellent concierge service" -- Condé Nast Traveler
- Newspaper / magazines
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for continental breakfast: USD 38.40 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 12.99 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 65 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 50.0 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Utility surcharge: USD 32.66 per accommodation per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.