Warwick Allerton Hotel Chicago
Why We Love It
- Well-priced, central hotel on the Magnificent Mile in the Near North neighborhood
- Great location for shopping and walking distance from sites like Water Tower Place and the John Hancock building
- This historic property has stylish art-deco touches throughout
- Stay at the hotel with the famous "Tip-Top-Tap" sign
"Charm lifts it a notch above" -- Frommer's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Towering over the Magnificent Mile, the Allerton is a central 4-star option for an urban getaway. Its location on Chicago’s main shopping avenue puts it within a five-minute walk of top attractions, such as the Museum of Contemporary Art and the John Hancock Observatory.
Chic and contemporary, the Standard rooms come with queen beds, flat-panel TVs and marble bathrooms. Upgrade to a king bed or opt for an executive room -- they have separate living areas and some have views of the Magnificent Mile. The area can occasionally be a bit noisy, so if possible, we'd recommend requesting a higher room to avoid being disturbed by street sounds.
Built in the 1920s, the hotel’s traditional interiors have recently been given a boutique makeover. Art deco influences are still apparent in the velvet armchairs and shiny side tables, and the color scheme is bright. Hang out in the cozy lobby and check your emails over a free coffee, which is available 7-11 a.m.
The M Avenue Restaurant serves breakfast and lunch, while the M Avenue Lounge features signature martinis and small bites (as well as complimentary Wi-Fi). Although there’s no pool, the hotel does have a small 24-hour gym on site, and it’s four blocks to the river or lake for waterfront runs.
- "If you want to stay in a place in the middle of it all, this is a very
good choice" -- Fodor’s
- "A historic hotel that's gotten a stylish modern makeover, the Allerton's charm lifts it a notch above the standard business-traveler hangout" -- Frommer’s
- "Standard rooms are by no means large (and the 'classic' rooms are downright tiny), but they can be a bargain off-peak" -- Lonely Planet
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- No pets allowed
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Central heating
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Internet access (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Bathtub or shower
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 4pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Children under 12 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Cribs available on request, free of charge for children up to the age of 2 in the King, Executive King, and Suites. Extra bed available on request for one adult in the King, Executive King and Suites for $25 per night.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
A Valet Parking Fee of $60.00 (subject to tax), per night applies and will be added to your bill at the hotel. This rate is subject to change without notice and at the discretion of the property.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(57 Member Ratings)