By Travelzoo Staff
The Bear at Hodnet is a country pub and hotel with log-burning stoves, exposed wooden beams and a garden with views of the Shropshire countryside.
Why we love it
- £25 for a 2-course meal for two and glass of bubbly at The Bear at Hodnet
- This package usually costs up to £50.70 -- save 51%
- This 16th-century coaching inn is nestled in Shropshire countryside
- Dine in the garden in summer or inside next to log burners during winter
- Four can dine for £49, saving up to £52.40 on the usual cost
- Combine this dinner package with an overnight stay for £79 for two, or 2-night stay for £129
Aug. 13, 2013 - Feb. 27, 2014
The Bear at Hodnet
Market Drayton, TF9 3NH
Tel: 01630 685214
- For £12.50 a head, two can dine on a 2-course à la carte lunch or dinner at this 16th-century coaching inn. Usually costing up to £50.70, this deal also includes a glass of prosecco each.
- Here's what you can expect from the British-style menu which uses herbs from the pub's own garden:
- - Starters such as garlic and herb goats' cheese pearls served with ciabatta crostini, or chicken liver pâté served with peach and red pepper chutney, and walnut bread
- - Main courses such as a 10oz rump steak with roasted field mushrooms, confit plum tomatoes and French fries, or pan-fried hake fillet with a garlic potato cake and smoked paprika and butter bean cassoulet
- Located in the historic market town of Hodnet -- recorded in the Domesday Book -- this country inn still has the original bear pit from which it takes its name, and a series of underground tunnels that link to the local church. The Bear is also believed to be one of Shropshire's many haunted sites; look out for 'friendly' ghost, Jasper.
- Four can take up this offer for £49, saving up to £52.40 on the usual cost.
- The deal is valid for lunch 12-3pm, or dinner 6-9pm, Monday-Thursday, until 27 February 2014. Excludes 16 December-6 January and 14 February. Excludes the second Monday of each month and bank holidays.
- We have also negotiated for two Travelzoo subscribers to combine this dinner package with an overnight stay in a double ensuite room including a full English breakfast for £79, or a 2-night stay for £129. This offer is available Monday-Thursday, until 27 February, 2014. Excludes 16 December-6 January and 14 February. Excludes the second Monday of each month and bank holidays.
The small print
This voucher is valid for two people and must be used in one visit. Each person is entitled to a starter, a main course and a Baby Prosecco. A £4 supplement applies to the rib-eye steak. Vouchers may be used for lunch, 12-3pm, or dinner, 6-9pm, Monday-Thursday, until 27 February, 2014. Subject to availability. Excludes 16 December-6 January and 14 February. Excludes the second Monday of each month and bank holidays and bank holiday weekends. Reservations are required.No cash value or cash back. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms