By Travelzoo Staff
The Grade-II listed Albright Hussey Manor Hotel has "all the old-world charm and eccentricities you could hope for", says Frommer's, and the Moat Room restaurant is "thoroughly deserving" of its two AA Rosettes, according to the Shropshire Star.
Why we love it
- For £75, two can savour the "Chef's Eight-Course Gourmet Menu" at the Grade II-listed Albright Hussey Manor Hotel
- The Moat Room restaurant holds two coveted AA Rosettes
- Includes a glass of Tanners Brut Extra Réserve champagne each
- "One of Shropshire's great culinary treasures... retains charm and style from a bygone age" -- Shropshire Star
- "All the old-world charm and eccentricities you could hope for" -- Frommer's
- Four people can take advantage of this exclusive deal for £149 -- under £38 a head
June 5, 2013 - Aug. 31, 2013
Albright Hussey Manor and Moat Room Restaurant
Shrewsbury, SY4 3AF
Tel: 01939 290 523
- For £75, two Travelzoo subscribers can tuck into the 'Chef's Eight-Course Gourmet Menu', plus a glass of champagne, at this Shrewsbury venue.
- The menu is subject to change, but currently includes:
- - An appetiser
- - Home-cured salmon with beetroot
- - Asparagus, pea and spinach soup
- - Belly of pork, celeriac purée, ham hock and chanterelles
- - Champagne cocktail granita
- - Medallion of Shropshire beef, oxtail ravioli, fondant potatoes and spinach
- - White, milk and dark chocolate assiette
- - Coffee and fudge
- A vegetarian option is available.
- Each person will also get a glass of Tanners Brut Extra Réserve champagne. Alternatively, four can dine for £149 -- saving £171 on the usual price.
- First mentioned in the Domesday Book, the moated manor has "exceptional views", according to the Shropshire Star. It is close to the fields where King Henry IV and Harry "Hotspur" Percy fought the Battle of Shrewsbury in 1403. Rebuilt in the 16th century, the manor played a part in the Civil War, when Royalist troops commandeered it as a garrison.
- The deal is valid Thursday-Saturday, until 31 August.
The small print
The voucher is valid for two people and must be used in one visit. Each person is entitled to the 'Chef's Eight-Course Gourmet Menu' dinner. Also includes a glass of Tanners Brut Extra Réserve champagne each. Valid Thursday-Saturday, from 25 April-31 August. Advanced booking is required. Menu items are subject to change. A 24-hour cancellation policy applies. Over-18s only. Maximum table booking of 6 people. Gratuity not included. Note: There is a limited number of vouchers available for this offer and it may therefore sell out before the stated expiry date. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms