By Travelzoo Staff
Set in the heart of Shropshire, facing the Wrekin hill and open countryside, the 5-star Old Orleton Inn is a 17th-century coaching inn where "the old and new blend effortlessly", according to The AA Pub Guide 2013. For £35, two Travelzoo subscribers can savour a 2-course dinner and champagne in the hotel's "contemporary but cosy" restaurant that ticks "all the right boxes" (Shropshire Star).
Why we love it
- For £35, savour a 2-course dinner for two with champagne at the 5-star Old Orleton Inn
- "The old and new blend effortlessly throughout this refurbished 17th-century former coaching inn" -- The AA Pub Guide 2013
- Nearby attractions include the World Heritage Site Ironbridge Gorge, Shrewsbury Castle, Shrewsbury Cathedral, Telford Steam Railway and Wroxeter Roman City
- The Old Orleton Inn faces the famous Wrekin Hill, just north of the Shropshire hills -- an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- "Contemporary, but cosy; attentive, but not fussy, and delicious food" --Shropshire Star
- Alternatively, four can dine for £69
March 1, 2013 - July 31, 2013
Old Orleton Inn
378 Holyhead Road
Telford, TF1 2HA
Tel: 01952 255011
- Usually costing up to £66.80, the deal includes:
- - A starter each (up to the value of £8.95), such as cured salmon, cream cheese and caper pancakes, or raised pastry game pie plumped with black pudding, apple and sultanas
- - A main each (up to the value of £16.95), such as honey-caramelised Gloucester Old Spot pork loin steak with spiced apple forcemeat, or guinea fowl and oyster mushroom hot pot, topped with crunchy garlic bread toasts and melted Wrekin cheese
- - A glass of champagne
- A number of vegetarian dishes is also available.
- The Old Orleton Inn is in Telford, which boasts beautiful grasslands, woodlands, lakes and ponds. Shrewsbury's 11th-century castle and abbey, and it's 19th-century Pugin-designed cathedral, are all a short drive away. Alternatively, you can walk the Shropshire hills, which are an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- We have also negotiated a deal for four to dine for £69, instead of the usual £133.60.
- This deal is valid for dinner Monday-Saturday until 31 July.
The small print
Voucher must be used in one visit. It entitles each person to a starter (up to the value of £8.95), and a main course (up to the value of £16.95) and a glass of champagne. Reservations are required. Valid for dinner Monday-Saturday, subject to availability, until 31 July. Not available on 29-31 March; 6 and 27 May. Limited availability on Fridays and Saturdays. Menu items are subject to change. Note: A limited number of vouchers is available for this offer and it may therefore sell out before the stated expiry date. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms