By Travelzoo Staff
The Michelin Guide 2013 praises the "classically-based cooking and refined presentation" at the Hayward Restaurant, while the AA Restaurant Guide 2012 notes the "intelligently conceived" food. Discover it for yourself with a 3-course lunch for two for £25.
Why we love it
- £25 for a 3-course lunch for two at the Hayward Restaurant at The Lion Hotel, Shrewsbury
- Usually costing up to £58.40, you save 57%
- Choose three courses from the lunch menu
- "Classically-based cooking and refined presentation" -- Michelin Guide 2013
- According to folklore, Charles Dickens wrote The Pickwick Papers at this Grade I-listed property
- Alternatively, for £35 (instead of up to £70.90), dine in the evening and select three courses from the dinner menu
- "Dishes are intelligently conceived and full-on flavours sing out loud and clear" -- AA Restaurant Guide 2012
- Valid for lunch, Wednesday-Sunday, until 10 June
Jan. 31, 2013 - June 10, 2013
Hayward Restaurant at The Lion Hotel, Shrewsbury
Shrewsbury, SY1 1UY
Tel: 01743 353107
- Usually costing up to £58.40, two people can choose three courses from the lunch menu. We were tempted by the chicken liver parfait to start, the sirloin steak as a main and the warm chocolate and walnut brownie for dessert. This deal is available at lunch, Wednesday-Sunday, until 10 June.
- Alternatively, you can dine in the evening for £35, instead of the usual £70.90. The dinner menu contains tasty starters such as roast scallops, mouth-watering mains such as roast loin of venison and scrumptious desserts such as chocolate soufflé, with chocolate chip and mint ice cream.
- This Hayward Restaurant is set within The Lion Hotel, a Grade I-listed, red brick hotel on Wyle Cop, in the historic town of Shrewsbury. Illustrious former guests include Charles Dickens, who is said to have written The Pickwick Papers here.
The small print
This voucher is valid for two people and must be used in one visit. Each person is entitled to a starter, main course and dessert. Excludes the sharing platter, the Ploughman's lunch and the cheese dessert. Vouchers may be used at lunch Wednesday-Sunday, until 10 June. Not valid during dinner service. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms