By Travelzoo Staff
Hadrian's Wall was named as one of the world's most awe-inspiring ancient sites by Lonely Planet and one of Britain's best views by The Guardian. Discover this World Heritage Site for yourself with a 3-day trekking experience from Outdoor Challenge Events for £119 instead of £205.
Why we love it
- For £119 embark on a 3-day Hadrian's Wall Trek with Outdoor Challenge Events
- This experience usually costs £205, so you save 42%
- This experience includes all meals, accommodation and the use of a tent
- The Guardian lists Hadrian's Wall as one of "Britain's best views"
- Your adventure will start at Winshields Farm Campsite in Hexham, where qualified guides will lead you along this World Heritage Site
"Even today, almost 2000 years after the first stone was laid, the sections that are still standing remain an awe-inspiring sight" -- Lonely Planet
- Two people can make this trek for £238, saving £172 on the usual price
- Choose from dates in April, May, June, July and August
Nov. 29, 2012 - Aug. 25, 2013
Outdoor Challenge Events
Winshields Farm Camp Site
Winshields Farm, Military Road
Bardon Mill, Hexham, NE47 7AN
Tel: 0114 243 8548
- Qualified guides will lead your trek along the wall and if you want to take a friend, then two people can take up this offer for £238 instead of the usual £410.
- Guests are asked to arrive at Winshields Farm Campsite in Hexham at around 4pm. The evening meal will be served at 7.30pm and will be followed by a briefing of the weekend's activities.
- On day two you will cover 14 miles by foot, taking in the stunning Northumbria scenery alongside the wall and passing the remains of Roman forts like Birdoswald. The group will also stop for lunch at the Roman Army Museum.
- On day three, after covering 12 miles by foot, the group will finish at Brocolitia, an historic Roman Temple. During this final section you will also pass the sycamore tree featured in "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves" as well as more Roman forts and temples. When you have finished the walk, a coach will take you back to the campsite where the group will eat before departing.
- This experience includes all meals, accommodation and the use of a tent, plus qualified guides and minibus support. However your personal outdoor wear, a sleep mat, sleeping bag, day pack, water bottles and spending money are not included.
- Vouchers can be used 5-7 April, 3-5 and 24-26 May, 28-30 June, 5-7 July and 23-25 August, 2013. All bookings must be made by 31 May.
The small print
This voucher is valid for one person and must be used in one visit. It entitles the holder to a 3-day Hadrian's Wall Trek. Includes all meals, accommodation, the use of a tent, qualified guides and minibus support. Vouchers can be used 5-7 April; 3-5 and 24-26 May; 28-30 June; 5-7 July and 23-25 August, 2013, subject to availability. All bookings must be made by 31 May. Suitable for over 10s, but those aged 10-16 must be accompanied by an adult. Please notify Outdoor Challenge Events in advance if you have any medical requirements or problems. Note: There are a limited number of vouchers available with this offer and the deal sale may therefore end before the stated expiry date.
See all terms