By Katie Millington
Escape to a lochside hotel in the Scottish Highlands for some local food, cream tea and log fires, for £79 per room, per night. This deal from the Loch Leven Hotel near Fort William saves up to 47%.
Why we love it
- You'd normally pay £149 for an overnight stay at the Loch Leven Hotel -- for £79, this package includes dinner, breakfast, cream tea and a late checkout
- The hotel sits right on the shores of Loch Leven, near the village of North Ballachulish, in an area of vast peaks and rugged glens
- The Loch View Restaurant serves homemade and local produce and the Loch Leven Bar and Lounge has more than 75 malt whiskies to choose from, plus a cosy log fire
- The surrounding area is great for outdoor activities including walking and cycling along the Loch Leven Heritage Trail
Loch Leven Hotel
Old Ferry Road
Fort William, PH33 6SA
Tel: 01855 821236
What's included & when
- Sunday-Thursday from 9 December-31 March, 2014. Friday- and Saturday-night stays are an extra £10 per night (payable direct to the hotel).
- Accommodation for two in a Standard Twin or Double Room with full Scottish breakfast
- 2-course set-menu dinner
- Cream tea including tea or coffee, homemade scones, jams and clotted cream
- Late checkout until 1pm instead of 11am (worth £20 per room)
- Children up to 12 can stay for £15 per night on a bed-and-breakfast basis when sharing with two adults (payable directly to the hotel)
- A 2-night package is £119 per couple with daily breakfast and dinner on the first night
The hotel is a 20-minute drive from Fort William train station and a 2-hour drive from Glasgow Airport. Search for flights to Glasgow on Fly.com
The small print
Not available on 24-26, 31 December. Subject to availability. Rooms are limited, so early booking is advised. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms