By Travelzoo Staff
Stays in a 400-year-old castle that The Sunday Times says is "steeped in Scottish history", in an area described as a "pristine setting" by Frommer's, are now £119 per night. At 48% off the regular price, this deal at the Dornoch Castle Hotel, in the Scottish Highlands, is valid every day of the week.
Why we love it
- Save over 45% on stays at the Dornoch Castle Hotel, on the edge of the Scottish highlands
- "Steeped in history" says The Sunday Times
- 5-minute walk from Royal Dornoch Golf Club, ranked 13th-best in the world
- An area described by Catherine Zeta-Jones as "the most romantic place on Earth"
- Includes overnight accommodation with breakfast
- Free upgrade to a Castle Superior or Four Poster Room
- 4-course dinner in the AA-Rosette-awarded Garden Restaurant
- A trio of malt whisky tasting
- Valid any day of the week from 1 November-25 March, 2013
Dornoch Castle Hotel
Dornoch Castle Hotel
Castle Street Dornoch
Sutherland, IV25 3SD
Tel: 01862 810 216
What's included & when
- Oct. 18, 2012 - March 25, 2013
- Here's what you get:
- - Overnight accommodation with breakfast
- - An upgrade to a Castle Superior or Four Poster Room
- - 4-course set-menu dinner in the Garden Restaurant (worth £65)
- - Trio of malt whisky tasting (worth £27)
- Valid any day of the week from 1 November-25 March, 2013. Extra nights are available for £70 extra on a bed-and-breakfast basis.
- Praised as "the most romantic place on Earth" by Catherine Zeta-Jones and recommended by both Countryfile magazine and The Good Hotel Guide, Dornorch Castle Hotel is just north of Inverness (approximately an hour by car) on the edge of the Scottish Highlands and an hour and half away from Cairngorms National Park. The Royal Dornoch Golf Club is a 5-minute walk away and is ranked the 4th-best course in Scotland and 13th in the world by top100golfcourses.co.uk.
- Overlooking the walled gardens and featuring an 11ft fireplace, the AA-Rosette Garden Restaurant dishes up local seafood, Aberdeen Angus beef and Highland venison. The Castle Superior Rooms and Four Poster Rooms come with sherry and biscuits, are located in the oldest part of the castle and some have views of Dornoch Firth. There is free Wi-Fi in the hotel's public areas.
- Getting there: We found return flights to Inverness Airport (just over an hour by car from the hotel) from £50 from Bristol, London, Manchester and Birmingham over these travel dates.
- Click here to search for flights with Fly.com.
The small print
Subject to availability. Valid for overnight accommodation for two people with breakfast, an upgrade to a Castle Superior Room or Four Poster Room, 4-course dinner in the Garden Restaurant and a trio of whisky tasting. This deal is valid any day of the week from 1 November-25 March, 2013, and can be purchased as gifts with no purchase limit. Not available on 3-4, 23-24 November; 24 December-1 January; 14 February; 9 March 2013.
See all terms