By Travelzoo Staff
Balbirnie House, a Georgian country mansion house in Glenrothes, has put together a gourmet mini break for £139. The multi-award-winning hotel is set in a "sumptuous historic setting" according to luxury travel website Travel Intelligence. This deal is exclusive to Travelzoo subscribers and would regularly cost over £255. Here's what you get:
Why we love it
- Save over £115 on a gourmet stay at Balbirnie House in the heart of Fife
- Overnight stay in a Classic Standard double or twin room is now £139 for two, with full Scottish breakfast
- Includes a 4-course à la carte dinner plus canapés, coffee and petits fours (worth £82)
- Member of the Britain's Finest Hotels collection
- Hotel is a Category A-listed Georgian country mansion house
Glenrothes, KY7 6NE
Tel: 01592 610066
What's included & when
- Sept. 24, 2012 - Dec. 20, 2012
- - Overnight stay in a Classic standard double or twin room
- - Full Scottish breakfast for two
- - 4-course à la carte dinner for two including canapés, coffee and petits fours (worth £82)
- Balbirnie House, set in a Category A-listed building, is a member of the Britain's Finest Hotels collection and sits within a 400-acre landscaped parkland estate. The hotel is between Edinburgh and St Andrews and close to the picturesque east coast of Scotland.
- A regular award winner, the hotel has previously scooped the Macallan/Taste of Scotland Hotel of The Year accolade, Glenmorangie Bar of The Year Award, Golf International magazine's Hotel of The Year and has received four AA Red Stars for the last 15 years, one of only 200 hotels in Britain to be given Red-Star status.
- Dinner is served in the AA-Rosette-awarded Orangery, which won Hotel Review Scotland's National Restaurant of The Year award in 2008. It was also voted "one of Scotland's five most romantic restaurants" by The Scotsman newspaper. The restaurant is open Wednesday-Sunday, except in December, when it is open all week. For Monday-Tuesday stays, dinner will be served in the Bistro Restaurant from the Bistro menu (worth up to £82).
- Valid Sunday-Friday from 1 October-20 December. A 2-night stay on a B&B basis with dinner on the first night is available for £189.
The small print
Valid for an overnight stay in a Classic standard double or twin room, full Scottish breakfast and a 4-course à la carte dinner for two, including canapés, coffee and petits fours. Valid Sunday-Friday from 1 October-20 December. Note: The Orangery is open Wednesday-Sunday except in December when it is open all week. For Monday-Tuesday stays, dinner will be served in the Bistro Restaurant from the Bistro menu. Not available on 13, 19-20, 26-27 October; 17, 23 November; 1, 7, 12 December.
See all terms