By Travelzoo Staff
Described as "quintessentially English" by The Daily Telegraph, the Lygon Arms in Broadway, Worcestershire, is one of England's oldest hotels, dating back to 1532. Overnight stays at this 4-star property are now £149 -- this saves 45% on the regular rate and includes:
Why we love it
- Stay at the 4-star Lygon Arms in the Cotswolds for £149 for two
- This package regularly costs over £270 -- you save 45%
- Includes accommodation for two in a Guest Double room with breakfast
- You also get a 3-course set-menu dinner in the 2-AA-Rosette Great Hall restaurant (worth £76), a bottle of wine in the room on arrival (worth £19) and late checkout until 1pm (worth £60)
The Lygon Arms
Worcestershire, WR12 7DU
Tel: 0800 103 2755
What's included & when
- March 19, 2013 - June 1, 2013
- - Accommodation in a Guest Double room
- - Full English breakfast
- - 3-course set-menu dinner in the 2-AA-Rosette Great Hall restaurant (worth £76)
- - Bottle of wine in the room on arrival (worth £19)
- - Late checkout until 1pm (worth £60)
- The hotel has "a wealth of historic charm and character," says The AA Hotel Guide, and is a member of the Britain's Finest collection. The Daily Telegraph praises the 16th-century coaching inn for its "impeccable pedigree".
- The Lygon Arms boasts an impressive history -- both King Charles I and Oliver Cromwell were early guests. The hotel has retained many of its original features such as wood panelling and flagstone floors, and the grounds feature floodlit tennis courts, archery and a croquet lawn. The Country Club and Spa is in a separate building across the cobbled courtyard and includes a heated indoor pool, a spa bath, a plunge pool, a sauna, a steam room and a Jacuzzi.
- Local attractions include Blenheim Palace, Warwick Castle and Prinknash Abbey. Stratford-upon-Avon is a 30-minute drive away.
- Vouchers are valid seven days a week until 31 May. Saturday-night stays are an extra £50 (payable direct to the hotel).
- Not available on 18-19, 22-23, 29-31 March; 6, 12, 18, 25-26, 29 April; 7-8, 10-11, 17-18, 20 May.
The small print
Valid for an overnight stay for two adults in a Guest Double room, full English breakfast, a 3-course set-menu dinner, a bottle of wine in the room on arrival and late checkout until 1pm. Valid seven days a week until 31 May. This deal has been extended due to surplus availability at the hotel.
See all terms