By Travelzoo Staff
The Red Lion Hotel Salisbury dates back to the 1200s, and still retains several of its original medieval features. Now, you and a friend can dine on a 2-course lunch for under £10 a head in the hotel's AA Rosette-award-winning restaurant (saving £20 on the usual bill).
Why we love it
- A 2-course lunch for two at The Red Lion Hotel in Salisbury, for £19 instead of the usual £39
- The hotel's Vine Restaurant holds a coveted AA Rosette for the quality of its food
- Choose a main course plus either a starter or dessert each
- The Red Lion dates back to the 13th-Century, with some original features still in place
- "Hearty, uncomplicated flavours prevail on a menu of modern European ideas" -- The AA Restaurant Guide
- One person can dine on the above offer for £10, or three can take it up for £27 (saving over 50% on the usual cost)
Nov. 29, 2012 - April 2, 2013
Red Lion Hotel Salisbury
4 Milford Street
Salisbury, SP1 2AN
Tel: 01722 32 33 34
- Each person can choose any main course, plus either a starter or a dessert, from the table d'hote menu. Although menu items are subject to change, here's an idea of what you can expect:
- - A starter such as smoked mackerel and horseradish roulade with pickled samphire citrus tomatoes, or
- chicken liver parfait with quince jam and crusty bread
- - A main course, with options including lamb rump with Parmentier potatoes, grilled vegetables
- olives and sweet onion jus, or supreme of chicken wrapped in parma ham, with fondant potatoes and spinach ratatouille
- - Or swap your starter for a dessert, such as white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake with fruit coulis, or coffee crème brulee with vanilla shortbread
- Alternatively, three people can dine on all of the above for £27 (that's £9 each), and one person can take up this offer for £10.
- Nearby attractions include Salisbury Racecourse, Longleat, Stonehenge and the New Forest National Park, so you could turn your lunch date into a day out.
- This offer is available Monday-Saturday, 12pm-2:30pm, for the next six months.
- Click here to see all our Christmas gift ideas.
The small print
Must be used in one visit. Each person is entitled to a main course, plus either a starter or a dessert from the table d'hote menu. Valid Monday-Saturday, from 12pm-2.30pm, until 2 April, 2013. Excludes 23-26 December, 31 December-1 January, 2013, and 14 February, 2013. Subject to availability. Any additional items ordered will be charged at their usual value. Multiple vouchers may be purchased per person or as gifts. Reservations are required. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Menu items are subject to change.