By Travelzoo Staff
The recipient of a coveted 5-star review from The Sunday Times critic AA Gill, The Old Vicarage is Sheffield's only Michelin-starred restaurant. Travelzoo subscribers can now tuck into a 5-course tasting-menu dinner at this foodie favourite for £49 a head. Alternatively, two people can snap up this experience for £95.
Why we love it
- A 5-course tasting-menu dinner at Sheffield's only Michelin-starred restaurant for £49
- The Times' food critic AA Gill awarded The Old Vicarage five stars
- "This enchanting converted vicarage remains a beacon of natural-born cooking" -- The Good Food Guide 2013
- The restaurant has held a coveted Michelin star for 14 years and has been listed in The Good Food Guide for 25 years
- Alternatively, two people can take up this offer for £95
- "Revolutionary cooking" -- The Daily Telegraph
- "Refined, classical cooking, sophisticated techniques and top-quality ingredients" -- Michelin Guide 2013
- Located in Ridgeway Village, on the outskirts of Sheffield
Nov. 30, 2012 - March 31, 2013
The Old Vicarage
Sheffield, S12 3XW
Tel: 0114 2475814
- The venue is certainly not short of admirers; AA Gill raved that "the cooking, the ingredients and the grasp of gastronomy are faultless", The Daily Telegraph described the cuisine as "revolutionary", and The Good Food Guide have hailed it as "a beacon of natural-born cooking".
- This exclusive taste of Yorkshire 5-course dinner has been created using the finest local produce and may change depending on seasonal availability.
- Here's an example of what to expect:
- -Silverskin onion velouté with wild mushroom arancini
- -Roast fillet of Whitby brill on chive-buttered mash, with caramelised hazelnuts, parsnip chips and a Yorkshire liquorice sauce
- -Fillet of wild fallow deer, with thyme-roasted beetroot, creamed leaks, rosemary and orange forcemeat stuffing and crispy potato galette
- -Ribblesdale blue goats' cheese or fine fettle, with spiced fruit roulade and an oatmeal biscuit
- -Champagne Yorkshire rhubarb and ginger sorbet, baked lemon pudding with lemon sauce, or a rhubarb crème brûlée
- The Old Vicarage is a 15-minute drive from the centre of Sheffield.
- Both deals can be used for lunch Tuesday-Friday and for dinner Tuesday-Thursday, from 5 January-31 March, 2013.
- Click here to see all our Christmas gift ideas.
The small print
This voucher is valid for one person to have a 5-course tasting-menu dinner. Valid for lunch Tuesday-Friday and for dinner Tuesday-Thursday, from 5 January-31 March, 2013. Excludes 11-18 February. Subject to availability. Reservations are required. Must be used in one visit. A 48-hour cancellation policy applies. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts for others. There is no limit to the number of vouchers that may be used per table. Any additional items ordered will be charged at their usual value. A 10% discretionary service charge will be added to your final bill. Menu items are subject to change. No cash value or cash back. Note: There are a limited number of vouchers available with this offer and the deal sale may therefore end before the stated expiry date.