By Travelzoo Staff
The Design House Restaurant in Halifax has won rare praise from culinary bible The Michelin Guide 2012, which praises its "tasty" and "modern" dishes. The sleek, modern restaurant is now offering Travelzoo subscribers a 2-course meal for two for less than £15 a head (instead of the usual £55.70).
Why we love it
- A 2-course dinner for two at Design House Restaurant in Halifax, for £29 instead of up to £55.70
- The Michelin Guide 2012 praises the "precise, tasty and classical" dishes
- Yorkshire Life raves about the "ultra-modern interior" and "superb" cuisine
- Tuck into dishes from the restaurant's unique menu, which combines modern cooking methods with classic ingredients
- Located in the Dean Clough mill complex in central Halifax
- For an additional £6 per couple (worth up to £14), you can upgrade to include a dessert
Sept. 17, 2012 - Feb. 28, 2013
Design House Restaurant
Dean Clough Arts & Business Centre
Halifax, HX3 5AX
Tel: 01422 383 242
- Here's what you can expect:
- - A starter each, such as the gourmet guinea fowl burger on toasted bagel and chargrilled asparagus, or crab and squid ink tortellini with spiced summer vegetable broth and apple foam
- - A main course each, such as the mini-mixed BBQ, mint salsa verde and chargrilled wedges, or Thai-style salmon filo parcels, wild rice and five spice foam
- For an additional £3 each (worth up to £14 in total), you can add a dessert each. We like the sound of the lime curd bakewell tart with ginger crunch ice cream, or the meringue and tutti-fruiti parfait sandwich.
- This offer is valid seven days a week, subject to availability, until 28 February, 2013 (December bookings are excluded).
The small print
Valid for two people and must be used in one visit. Excludes cheese selections. Supplements apply to the following dishes: sirloin and fillet steaks (£3), aged fillet and lobster medallions (£5). Reservations are required. Voucher is valid seven days a week, subject to availability, until 28 February, 2013. Excludes December bookings. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms