By Travelzoo Staff
The Royal Sportsman Hotel on the edge of Snowdonia in North Wales has cut the price of a 2-night gourmet break by 43%. At £149 per room, this deal packs in lots of extra treats. Here's what you get in full:
Why we love it
- Save 43% on a 2-night escape for two at The Royal Sportsman Hotel in North Wales
- Includes accommodation for two nights, continental breakfast, £60 credit for the 2-AA-Rosette Peppino's Restaurant (first night only) and a bottle of wine (worth £20)
- Featured in The Good Food Guide 2011
- Silver medalists in the The National Chef of Wales 2012 Awards
- Recommended by The Daily Telegraph as one of the best places to stay while visiting Snowdonia
- On the edge of Snowdonia National Park
- Valid any day of the week from 23 November-23 December; 2 January-31 March, 2013
The Royal Sportsman Hotel
What's included & when
- Nov. 23, 2012 - March 31, 2013
- - Two nights' accommodation in a Small Double Room
- - Daily continental breakfast
- - £60 credit to spend on the Rosette Menu at Peppino's 2-AA-Rosette restaurant on the first night
- - A bottle of wine (worth £20)
- Travelzoo subscribers also get a late checkout, 10% off food and a free bottle of wine when dining on the second night, and 20% off the Ffestiniog and Wesh Highland Railway. It is an extra £5 per person to upgrade to a cooked breakfast and £15 extra to upgrade to a Large Double Room.
- Stay any day of the week from 19 November-23 December; 2 January-31 March.
- In the coastal town of Porthmadog and with Snowdonia as a backdrop, this family-run hotel is within walking distance of the Ffestiniog and Wesh Highland Railway terminal. The railway runs through Snowdon National Park and is ''one of Wales' most spectacular and beautiful narrow-gauge journeys'', according to Lonely Planet. The hotel is also featured in the AA Britain's Best Hotel Guide.
- The Good Food Guide-listed Peppino's Restaurant scooped silver in The National Chef of Wales 2012 Awards. The Rosette Menu at the restaurant compromises classic Welsh and European dishes such as cannon of spring Welsh lamb, loin of Breconshire venison, wild mushroom spinach and ricotta lasagne, and pistachio panna cotta. The bar serves locally brewed cask ales and both the bar and lounge have open fireplaces.<>
The small print
This voucher is valid for two nights' accommodation in a Small Double Room for two people with daily breakfast, £60 credit to spend on the Rosette Menu at Peppino's Restaurant on the first night only, a bottle of wine, a late checkout and 20% off the Ffestiniog & Wesh Highland Railway. Stay any day of the week from 23 November-23 December; 2 January-31 March, 2013. Not available on 9-17 February; 28-31 March, 2013. Availability in March is limited.
See all terms