By Travelzoo Staff
John Calton, who was a 2010 finalist in "MasterChef: The Professionals", is the head chef at Arbeias Restaurant in South Shields. For £29 (instead of up to £61.60), two people can visit this restaurant, which opened at the beginning of the year, for a slap up 3-course meal.
Why we love it
- £29 for a 3-course meal for two at Arbeias Restaurant in South Shields
- Save up to 53% on the usual cost of £61.60
- Head chef John Calton was a finalist in "MasterChef: The Professionals" in 2010
- The Shields Gazette describes the food as "tasty"
- The restaurant, which officially opened in January, is well reviewed on TripAdvisor -- 73% of users recommend it
- Alternatively, four people can dine for £55 (instead of the usual £123.20)
- Available 6pm-9:30pm, Wednesday-Saturday, until 21 November
May 21, 2013 - Nov. 21, 2013
18-20 Winchester Street
South Shields, NE33 2PS
Tel: 0191 420 4401
- Here's what each person can expect:
- -A starter such as potted duck with salad and homemade brioche, or roasted asparagus with a pan-fried duck egg, fresh thyme, morels and chicken juices
- -A main course such as a 10oz sirloin steak with green peppercorn sauce, hand-cut chips, baked mushrooms, onion rings and salad, or a roasted loin and slow-cooked shoulder of venison with truffled potato croquettes, wild garlic, salsify, leeks and caramelised onions
- -A dessert such as strawberry and vanilla Eton mess, or a dark chocolate and pecan nut brownie
- Alternatively, four people can dine for £55 (instead of the usual £123.20).
- Both deals can be used 6pm-9:30pm, Wednesday-Saturday, until 21 November
The small print
This voucher is valid for two people and must be used in one visit. Each person is entitled to a starter, a main course and a dessert. The following supplements apply: £2.50 on the king prawn starter; £10 on the surf and turf; £10 on the whole baked lobster; £2.50 on the cheese board. Valid 6pm-9:30pm, Wednesday-Saturday, until 21 November. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms