By Travelzoo Staff
The "Georgian features are a delight and the food is even better", says The Times of The Shelleys in Lewes, praising its "enthralling" setting in the Sussex South Downs. Stays at this Grade II-listed hotel recommended by The Guardian and The Good Hotel Guide and listed in the Michelin Guide are now £129 with this offer -- up to 48% off.
Why we love it
- Get away to The Shelleys Hotel & Restaurant in the Sussex South Downs for 48% less than usual
- Now £129, your stay includes an upgrade to a Superior room and full English breakfast
- 3-course dinner from a seasonal menu at the Apostrophe restaurant (worth £28 per person)
- Glass of pre-dinner prosecco
- Hotel is recommended by The Guardian, The Times and The Good Hotel Guide
- The Michelin Guide praises its "spacious, classically styled" bedrooms and "smart restaurant"
- The Grade II-listed hotel was built in the 16th century and is just off Lewes' historic High Street
The Shelleys Hotel and Restaurant
135-136 High Street
Lewes, BN7 1XS
Tel: 01273 472361
What's included & when
- Nov. 16, 2012 - March 28, 2013
- Valid Sunday-Thursday from 2 December-28 March, 2013, this deal includes:
- -Overnight stay for two with full English breakfast
- -Complimentary upgrade to a Superior room (worth £50)
- -3-course dinner from a seasonal menu at the Apostrophe restaurant (worth £28 per person)
- -Glass of pre-dinner prosecco (worth £6.50 each)
- Extend your stay with extra nights on a bed-and-breakfast basis for £80 per room.
- Built in 1590, The Shelleys is just off Lewes' historic High Street and was once home to Henry Shelley, a relation of poet Percy Bysshe Shelley. The Michelin Guide praises its "spacious, classically styled" bedrooms and "smart restaurant". Dinner is from a seasonal menu that changes each month, with five choices per course. Sample delights such as a warm salad of smoked duck with beetroot and pomegranate, monkfish with artichoke and boulangère potatoes, and white and dark chocolate pavé with passionfruit sorbet.
- Brighton is only nine miles away, but Lewes itself has a lot to offer -- explore revolutionary Thomas Paine's old haunts, including the bar at the White Hart Hotel, take a walk up to Lewes Castle overlooking the town, or head west on the South Downs Way to see the windmills at Clayton
The small print
Valid for stays Sunday-Thursday from 2 December-28 March, 2013. Not available on 24-26, 31 December; 14-16 February; 1-2, 10 March. Subject to availability. Bookings will not be taken without a valid voucher number. Prosecco can be substituted for a soft drink if preferred. Now sold out on 13, 27 December; 10, 25 March.
See all terms