By Travelzoo Staff
Save 55% on a ticket to "The Seagull"
at Richmond Theatre from 29 May to 1 June
. Considered to be one of Anton Chekhov's finest plays, this adaptation is "extraordinary", says The Daily Telegraph
in a recent 5-star review.
Why we love it
- Nab a ticket to see "The Seagull" in Richmond for £10 -- you save 55%
- Valid 28 May-1 Jun
- This version of Chekhov's classic is "up there with the best" says The Guardian
- Cast includes Abigail Cruttenden ("Benidorm", "Foyle's War") and Alexander Cobb ("Mr Selfridge")
- Brought to the stage by Headlong Theatre, whose artistic director is Oliver Award winner Rupert Goold
May 22, 2013 - June 1, 2013
Richmond, TW9 1QJ
- Second-price (Band B) tickets are usually £19.50 plus a per-ticket fee of £2.90, but Travelzoo subscribers can nab them for £10 each. This offer is valid for all performances of "The Seagull" and the only extra to pay is a £2.85 per-transaction fee.
- Starring Abigail Cruttenden ("Benidorm", "Foyle's War") and Alexander Cobb ("Mr Selfridge"), "The Seagull" was first written in 1895 and examines the complex relationships between four people as they explore artistic and emotional themes, and unrequited love.
- This adaptation -- brought to the stage by Headlong Theatre, the company behind the likes of multi-award-winning production "ENRON" -- was written by John Donnelly, a previous recipient of the PMA Award for Best New Writer and the NSDF Sunday Times Playwriting Award, and is directed by Blanche McIntyre who won the Critics' Circle Award for Most Promising Newcomer in 2011. "An extraordinary take on Chekhov's play: layered, feisty, gorgeously melancholic... Five stars" -- The Daily Telegraph
- "Up there with the best... Utterly precise" -- The Guardian
- How to Book: Click "Buy Now" to book directly with ATG Tickets. Choose your preferred performance, enter promo code TZOO and follow the instructions. Alternatively, book by phone on 0844 871 7645 and quote Travelzoo. Call charges apply. ATG's website is not optimised for mobile phones. We recommend using a PC, laptop or tablet to book online.
There is a Q&A session after the 29 May performance; simply stay behind after the show in order to attend.
The small print
Subject to availability. Valid for all performances 28 May-1 Jun. Must be used in one visit. Advance booking required. Not valid for tickets already purchased. No cash value or cash back. The full value quoted is based on the maximum ticket cost plus additional per-ticket fees at the time of publication. Cannot be used retrospectively or in conjunction with any other offer. A one-off transaction charge of £2.85 applies. All prices quoted include a £1-per-ticket theatre restoration levy and a per-ticket fee.