By Travelzoo Staff
"For escapism and the sensory pleasures of food... it's hard to beat this charming Welsh country mansion", raves The Independent, as it names The Grove at Narberth as one of its 50 Best British Escapes. Two can now sit down to a 5-course tasting dinner for £75 rather than the usual £142.
Why we love it
- A gourmet 5-course tasting dinner for two, plus a glass of prosecco each, at The Grove at Narberth
- Pay £37.50 a head, saving £67 on the usual cost
- A dining experience recommended by the Michelin Guide 2013 and The Good Food Guide
- "The restaurant -- candle-lit and cosy -- is excellent" -- Conde Nast Johansens
- "Dinner is sublime" -- The Independent
- Winner of a Gold medal at the True Taste Food and Drink Awards 2011-2012
- Upgrade to a 7-course tasting dinner with a glass of champagne each at the 2-AA-Rosette-awarded restaurant, for £10 more per person
July 25, 2013 - Oct. 31, 2013
The Grove at Narberth
Dyfed, Pembrokeshire, SA67 8BX
Tel: 01834 860915
- Sip a glass of prosecco each in the Grade II-listed restaurant, as you tuck into a menu such as the following:
- - Confit chicken ballotine with carrot, lentils and pennywort
- - Line-caught mackerel with beetroot, watercress and horseradish
- - Nant du pork, served with parsnip, red cabbage and chanterelle raviolo
- - Jerusalem artichoke cheesecake accompanied by mandarin sorbet and blackberries
- - Dark chocolate pâvé served with ginger parfait and caramelised orange
- The Michelin Guide 2013 was impressed by the "creative, contemporary dishes with a classical base", while The Good Food Good 2012 heaps praise on the "vibrant flavours and visual impact" of the food.
- Travelzoo has also negotiated the opportunity to upgrade to the 7-course Chef's Signature Menu, plus a glass of champagne each, for a total of £95 (saving 50% on the regular price).
- Click here to see the Chef's Signature Menu in full.
- Both offers are valid for dinner Sunday-Friday, subject to availability, until 31 October. The 5-course tasting dinner can also be enjoyed for lunch on the same days, bookings will be taken for 12:30pm-1:30pm.
The small print
The voucher is valid for a 5-course tasting menu and a glass of prosecco for two people and must be used in one visit. Advance booking is required. Valid for lunch and dinner Sunday-Friday, subject to availability, until 31 October. *Lunch bookings will only be taken from 12:30-1:30pm daily. A vegetarian tasting menu alternative is available. Any additional items ordered will be charged at their usual value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. A 48-hour cancellation policy applies. Menu items are subject to change. Note: There is a limited number of vouchers available for this offer, so it may sell out before the stated expiry date.