By Travelzoo Staff
Two people can savour a 7-course tasting menu with a glass of champagne at Torquay's first Michelin-starred restaurant for the equivalent of £37.50 each. Highly recommended in all the top foodie guides, this gourmet experience at The Elephant would normally cost £131.
Why we love it
- A 7-course tasting menu for two people and a glass of champagne each for £75 -- saving £56 on the regular price
- The Elephant Restaurant has been awarded a Michelin star every year since 2006, and was Torquay's first restaurant to receive one
- "Stunning... the food here has character" -- The Daily Telegraph
- The "tasting menu offers appealing, flavoursome, classical combinations", says the Michelin Guide 2013
- Holds 3 AA Rosettes and gets a glowing review in The Good Food Guide 2013
- Housed within an elegant Georgian terrace overlooking Torbay harbour and marina
- "Best meal of the year... never fails to impress... superb" -- Harden's Restaurant Guide 2012
Nov. 29, 2012 - March 28, 2013
The Elephant Restaurant
3 & 4 Beacon Terrace
Torquay, TQ1 2BH
Tel: 01803 200 044
- Awarded three prestigious AA Rosettes every year since 1997, this Devon restaurant was also described as "seriously good food and imaginative flavour fusions" by the Lonely Planet Guide.
- Although the tasting menu is subject to change, here's what's currently on offer:
- - Olive ciabatta bread with aged balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil
- - ’Samosas’ of beetroot with Vulscombe goat’s cheese and white truffle dressing
- - Cream of crown prince pumpkin and windfall apple
- - Roasted Brixham scallop with chestnut squash puree and local cep mushrooms
- - Chestnut and sage risotto with herb tempura and creme fraiche
- - 36-hour braised beef with horseradish mash, winter greens and red wine jus
- - Bitter chocolate tart with malted milk ice cream
- A glass of champagne each, and your choice of tea or coffee is also included.
- Three people can dine on this champagne dinner for £112 (that's £37.30 a head) instead of the regular £195.50.
- Run by Michelin-starred chef, Simon Hulstone, and his wife Katy, The Elephant is praised in the current Michelin Guide, Harden's Restaurant Guide and AA Restaurant Guide for its ever-changing menu, created from locally sourced ingredients from Occombe farm, and its fresh seafood from the coastal town of Paignton.
- This deal is valid for lunch and dinner from Tuesday to Friday and lunch on Saturday, 23 January-28 March, 2013.
- Click here to see all our Christmas gift ideas.
The small print
Valid for the 7-course tasting menu for two people and a glass of champagne each. Valid for lunch and dinner from Tuesday to Friday and lunch on Saturday, 23 January-28 March, 2013. Excludes 12-16 February, 2013. Subject to availability. Reservations are required. Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. Additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts for others. There is no limit to the number of vouchers that may be used per table. Any additional items ordered will be charged at their usual value. Menu items are subject to change. Each voucher is valid for two people and must be used in one visit. No cash value or cash back. Gratuity is not included. Note: There are a limited number of vouchers available with this offer and the deal sale may therefore end before the stated expiry date.